• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Flint and steel in the deathmatch.

Should flint and steel be used in the dm?

• Total voters

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Guys, last post was on the 18th of september...

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally i think it shouldn't be used in the DM. I see the flint and steel as a way of taking down more powerful players earlier on in the game. If you aren't powerful enough to take down people in the DM then question whether you deserve to win :p
this

Idk... I love flint and steel and use it as much as I can. Im just not sure I actually want it in DM. Not sure why.. just dosnt feel right. Maybe its actually a bit overpowered? Or maybe I am just used to not having it there.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
this

Idk... I love flint and steel and use it as much as I can. Im just not sure I actually want it in DM. Not sure why.. just dosnt feel right. Maybe its actually a bit overpowered? Or maybe I am just used to not having it there.
Well if we are still necroposting.
How is this op? It is a lot better to have a stone sword and flint & steel against a full OP iron opponent.

iMightTroll

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay so we all agree it should be enabled. Where's a Clank when you need him?
EDIT: Upon further thought, I realize that having flint and steel work in death match is a bad idea. As others have pointed out, flint and steel is really one of the most OP things in the game, because of multiple things. 1. It restricts the view, a lot. 2. It all but disables sprinting 3. THE KNOCKBACK! What if you have the full set of iron and a diamond sword, and your opponent has nothing but a stone sword and flint and steel, you're pretty much dead.
You kill him

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well if we are still necroposting.
How is this op? It is a lot better to have a stone sword and flint & steel against a full OP iron opponent.
well as zeno said necroposting isnt always a bad thing.
And I know it is easy to take down an iron oppenent with flint and steel, thats why its kind of OP (over powered). I could just see more and more people usuing flint and steel in DM and it getting annoying. And be honest, if you were totally ready to win with iron and diamond sword then got ganked by a newb that happend to find some flint and steel and knows how to use it, wouldnt you be a bit upset?
But on the opposite side I guess if it was enabled if you truely deserve to win you should learn how to counter it and avoid it or use it yourself.
Im not totally against it, I wont hate it if its enabled, im just wary and my vote was no.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
flint and steel could also be used to prevent players from reaching certain areas in the map in dm such as the cliifs on breeze and as you cant break blocks you would be pretty stuffed if some guy set the vines on fire as you wouldnt be able to put the fire out

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
flint and steel could also be used to prevent players from reaching certain areas in the map in dm such as the cliifs on breeze and as you cant break blocks you would be pretty stuffed if some guy set the vines on fire as you wouldnt be able to put the fire out
People aren't supposed to be able to extinguish fires? I thought they could, since I have seen people punch out my lit fires, and the fireplace in karmuhnrah.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
People aren't supposed to be able to extinguish fires? I thought they could, since I have seen people punch out my lit fires, and the fireplace in karmuhnrah.
what i am saying is that since technically the fire would be classed as a block you wouldnt be able to destroy it in DM and they cant re-enable destroying blocks as people would use it to camp on SG3 or breeze island in DM so no-one wins

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
what i am saying is that since technically the fire would be classed as a block you wouldnt be able to destroy it in DM and they cant re-enable destroying blocks as people would use it to camp on SG3 or breeze island in DM so no-one wins
Okay, I see where you are going with that one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci