• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fixing Relog; Gamebreaking Unknown Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atu

Career
Reaction score
You may read this title and question me as you won't think it's a large advantage, but understand that being the person who more recently logged into the server gives you a large inherit advantage. So combos, as we all know are basically the deciding factor in fights between good players; be it with a rod, a bow, or advanced tactics such as w tapping. What is knockback based on? Mostly, knockback; when you rod someone there is a small period of time when they receive knockback when they cannot hit you, yet you can hit them. How does this work? Well simply put, as someone is being knocked back they are insanely vulnerable, which makes it the deciding factor in most fights. Well what if I told you, without learning to perfectly tap w in intervals relative to hits, that you can attain less than 60% of the normal knockback? This is relog, you literally take half the normal knockback; giving you an insane inherit advantage. This invisible factor that is mostly unknown within the mcgamer community decides most fights between good players, as taking the minimal knockback comparatively to the person you are fighting is how to win sword fights (unless they miss hits which is not likely when fighting someone half decent). For example, fight someone better than you on badlion, they will beat you; come on to mcsg, log in after them. You will find you beat them, why? Because while they take 1.5-5 blocks (non sprinting/sprinting) of knockback you take 0.7-2.5. So yah Huahwi killing Kranzo with that big combo that doesn't make sense if you've ever fought Kranzo was because he had relog, KvnPlays hitting that one guy to the moon of that chokepoint, and many other insane occurrences.
What bothers me is that the community has for the most part not known about this until very recently, and most still don't know who are reading this thread. Staff obviously haven't addressed the issue, and you may think this is some insane glitch we have to live with but it's not. HCF servers with 20 slots have patches for this. This glitch was a problem in the pot community in the very early releases of 1.7, it was quickly patched. However, mcsg players remained naive to this idea and still have not figured it out. Right now, this glitch is being heavily abused by those select who know about it, such as in clan battles or some leaderboard tryhards.

The reason I make this thread was because a while ago a campaign me and some other players like Tenebrous12321 started to push for a new anti cheat was finally heard months in. Hopefully this idea can get the same support and recognition as those others. Fixing relog will bring a lot more fairness back to the community as as of right now, most fights are invisibly decided by this, even though it might not seem as so. So do us good players all a favour, fix relog so we don't get sent to Mars from a 1cps straightliner.​

Last edited:

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
For starters, I recommend recording a video on how it looks. It'll show exactly how OP it is.

It's definitely something that should be fixed, but how?

I'm not a coder so I don't know how difficult it would actually be. It might be something that could be fixed in a minimal amount of code but it could be a full time project.

Good suggestion, should come in time.

Intensagod

Platinum
Reaction score
For starters, I recommend recording a video on how it looks. It'll show exactly how OP it is.

I'm not a coder so I don't know how difficult it would actually be. It might be something that could be fixed in a minimal amount of code but it could be a full time project.

probably wouldn't be that hard if every other server has patched it

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Jonnysurvives made a video detailing it and how it works on MCG. I'd link you but phone ;_;

As for this, I have explained the glitch previously in a GitHub report, to which Ava responded saying he was looking for a more effective, dual compatible, custom fix to Relog which is mainly problematic in 1.7.10. In fact, don't quote me on this but I believe players on 1.8 are unaffected by it.

Atu

Career
Reaction score
Jonnysurvives made a video detailing it and how it works on MCG. I'd link you but phone ;_;

As for this, I have explained the glitch previously in a GitHub report, to which Ava responded saying he was looking for a more effective, dual compatible, custom fix to Relog which is mainly problematic in 1.7.10. In fact, don't quote me on this but I believe players on 1.8 are unaffected by it.
Not gonna quote you cause I just tried it with someone and 1.8 has it as well

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Spigot includes a way to fix this, but it's not exactly performance-efficient, and could introduce a sizable amount of server lag. In addition, it doesn't exactly fix the issue; it just works around it by shuffling who has the glitch every few seconds. Because of the nature of the issue, we're still looking into a more performance-efficient and complete fix, while at the same time trying not to break combat in strange ways (which is entirely possible when you're playing around with the server logic in that area of the codebase).

Trust me, this issue is definitely on our radar, and we're hoping to have an experimental fix out very soon (if testing goes well, then it'll likely be included the next time we next deploy updates to production; if testing doesn't go so well, it should be within the next few deployment cycles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci