• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First Players to join have immunity against donor kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyMcfly

Spectator
Reaction score
Now, I've read alot of the post about taking away donor abilities and such but i have also read a Very well explained post about why that would ruin everything, anyway i'm going to take a different approach. The donors can keep thier powers but the first say 5 to 10 people who join are immune from donor kicks. I just had the experiance of refreshing my page until a server said cleanup, being the first to join but still being kicked . It's really just so disheartening to have very long gaps between playtime due to this (plus it's sorta rare for me to find an open game)

Bardan

Tribute
Reaction score
If you don't want to get kicked I would recommend joining higher number servers. Or you can also try joining Canadian servers only the last 10ish people to join actually get kicked there. As for your idea I don't really think that would work considering it would still be limiting donor's abilities to join a server.

SkyMcfly

Spectator
Reaction score
i have been trying to just get on any server, but no matter what donors seem to invade us and kick everyone,

Bardan

Tribute
Reaction score
Again I say try joining Canadian servers. The last time I got kicked on one of them was when I was only getting 50kbps and I was something like the 5th to last person to join.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
But what would happen if there were say, 5 non-donors who got on first, and everyone else is a donor. When more donors joined would they have to kick other donors instead of non-donors? I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think this would be added.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Glad my thread helped <3 and I'm also glad your handling this calming. You wouldn't believe how many rage treads there are about this.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. Like others mentioned, join higher servers is a good way to do it, watching the server list for servers in DM and starting to join while in DM (spam clicking :p) as well as playing during the later hours, or on CA or AU servers, which usually have less traffic.
If you'd like a possible chance to win donor at a giveaway, follow this thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/a-mcsg-fundraiser-giving-back-to-the-community.32323/
Otherwise, there isn't too much to do.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe a thread was created earlier detailing a similar, yet rather more involved idea that, in my opinion, would solve the problem of donor kicks, while still not completely destroying their privileges.

The idea went like this:

Iron donors would have the ability to kick 50% (or last 12 players) of the lobby

Gold donors would have the ability to kick 75% of the lobby (including iron donors if there were no non-donors in the last 18 players).

And finally, diamond donors would have the ability to kick anyone in the lobby besides VIP's and Mods+

It's a rather creative solution that I rather like, but, in the end, it's up to the Devs, not us.

SkyMcfly

Spectator
Reaction score
Zeno this idea that you've stated is what i started thinking about later when i wanted to go more into detail, but i was just so frustarted that no matter what server i joined a donor would come and kick out everyone in the lobby, but i guess the one true soloution to this is to just become a donor, it's really only 10$. but for now i'll take all the suggestions stated

Reaction score
When other donors try to join, it will say server is full.
But what would happen if there were say, 5 non-donors who got on first, and everyone else is a donor. When more donors joined would they have to kick other donors instead of non-donors? I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think this would be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci