• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Extremely Weird Connection Bug

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm just going to state the facts...
This is my connection to MCSG

This is my connection to the internet

I am only able to connect to Google, Yahoo (sometimes), Gmail, This website, That speed test website, and Youtube on the internet

I am able to connect to woodycraft, but not mcsg

Here is another screenshot

www.space.com <- Should work

And a screenshot of me being able to connect to infinityraids, which is one of the servers I am able to connect to

However when I try to go play it doesn't let me, but in woodycraft I can't ping it (because of protection etc) but I can connect to it

Things I have tried
-Resetting router
-Resetting browser
-Changing DNS
-Resetting DNS
-Resetting router
-Called ISP (They said its an issue with my computer because no one else on my internet has the problem)

K

KiDD

I don't know. Something similar was happening earlier and the Northern East Coast was having internet issues. I don't think anyone knows exactly what was happening but it has stopped for me. I couldn't connect to anything but AU MCSG and a few other servers. Some websites were also down for a short period of time for me.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Same.
http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ -Servers r up, not MC side, nor client side, so wtf.
Even if Mojang services are down he should be able to ping the server. The physical server doesn't go offline when Mojang services go down, it's just that you're unable to connect with Minecraft.

Can you provide a traceroute to the server and upload a screenshot? Essentially a traceroute will output all of the different "hops" that your connection takes to get to the server. It'll enable you to isolate where the routing is effectively dropping your information.

To do this, instead of doing "ping us.mcgamer.net", do "tracert us.mcgamer.net"

You can again censor any personal information that you feel should be removed.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Check your firewall, you need to turn off your firewall. I had the same problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci