• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Exclusive Maps!

Is this a good Idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG should create awesome, amazing maps that are only able to be played during certain times of the year! For example...

" Winter Holiday" map, which can only be played during December- January.

"Halloween" map, which can only be played during November- October

We can ask a build team to create a map for a certain seasonal time period. If the first run was successful and the map was very popular, then next year they'll rerelease the map again.It builds up excitement, anticipation and most importantly, it gives something to look forward to in MCSG! A new thing to stick around for!
"I cant wait for The Holiday Season, The winter wonderland map is coming back !"
"Fall is going to be awesome! New spooky halloween map is coming out, I heard they made an even better one than the map they made last year! More chests and traps!
"I'm going to go to the AS servers, I heard they have a Chinese New Year themed map this February."
----------

Perhaps seasonal maps! 1 special map per season!

An even better idea that I came up with, is having patriotic maps. MCSG is not just for Americans, there are Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Asians too! We should creative special maps for special foreign holidays or long celebrations that will be exclusively released to their respective servers!

US= July 4th or American Revolution Styled Map

EU & AU = Bastille Day (French independence) ; even perhaps other EU independence dates!

AS= "Chinese New Year" themed map! Including other big Asian holidays!

Benefits: Each servers,(US,EU,AU&AS) would have their own exclusive map released on certain celebrations related to the country or countries.

- Motivates players to play a map that will only be around once a year! This will ultimately increase playing time, hype, excitement, and overall curiosity to go unto other servers!

NOTES:
-There are tons of build teams and tons of MCSG maps being made and being tested out right now. So it wouldn't be too hard to find a build team who is willing to create an exclusive map.
-Maps would be out for a month or a few, which is no different considering that there is usually a new map added to the servers every few months!

Last edited:

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Could be interesting. But it seems like a hassle.

Jadarko

Career
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea but with all the seasons and time spent into adding those maps for each time a new season comes up I think it be hard. Wow that was a big sentence. o.o

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea but with all the seasons and time spent into adding those maps for each time a new season comes up I think it be hard. Wow that was a big sentence. o.o
A new map doesnt have to come out every season or occasion.

If a seasonal map has become very popular and highly played, it will become the official map to be rereleased every year! Of course if it wasn't as popular, we can always get another map the next year and test out how it goes.

ErinEquinox

Survivor
Reaction score
Could be interesting. But it seems like a hassle.
You're right. It could be a hassle adding and removing maps. However, if you think about it, there are so many mcsg maps being made and tested out in PMC, It wouldn't be hard to find a build team who'd volenteer to create an exclusive map.

Also, the maps would be out for a time period of about a month or a few . So There wouldn't be constant adding and removing of maps. Anyway, new maps come into MCSG every few months right? So it wouldn't be any different would it?

Jadarko

Career
Reaction score
A new map doesnt have to come out every season or occasion.

If a seasonal map has become very popular and highly played, it will become the official map to be rereleased every year! Of course if it wasn't as popular, we can always get another map the next year and test out how it goes.
True. Or just one big map that covers all the seasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci