• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

EC and WC.

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
I was wondering. You know how since the US servers are located on the west coast, and I live on the east coast as do many others. What if instead of just having one big US server, we had a EC(east coast)and WC(west coast). There's a bit of lag not a lot, but some delay for being a bit far from the servers.. I live in michigan and get okish connection , and I have a solid internet. I feel bad for those people even further back then me, yeah we have the CA servers but most of the good people play on US and it tends to get a bit boring. I'm not saying to make it for that reason, but it would be cool to see a change up in the community. I would love a WC and EC. What do you guys think?

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
CA is hosted in Quebec, and myself and a few others from the east coast get amazing connection. Try playing some games on there. Seeing as you're from Michigan, it should be a lot better.

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been playing for the longest time, I get amazing connection in CA. I get like 8/10ish connecting to US seeing as it's like 2.5k miles away. There's just a bit of lag but I guess you can push through it.

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
But is there enough money to make Two different reigons

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
You could always split the servers, about 25 got to the East Coast, and the others go to West. That would improve the price a bit. Plus, it would be fun to see the top Eastern players in comparison to the Western players (memorize who plays on which servers). Anyway, I really only play on US when teaming because otherwise I get bad lag (bad computer :/ ). I now have to play on the CA servers. But I'm not complaining, my wins have improved drastically since I got the FPS/connection boost. Glad this post is over... I can't help my sometimes very long comments

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Interesting idea. It would really depend on if they could get good Eastern hosting.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe a big city like Boston or DC?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary, as I am from Canada but I still get a great connection to the US servers that I know of, and if it is off it's not noticeable to me. But if many people want the 2 different regions, then who am I to say no? :p
But is there enough money to make Two different reigons
Well, I don't think it would cost more to move the server host's location as long as we kept the same amount of servers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci