• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DXTORY Lagging to 20 fps

Onilegna

Spectator
Reaction score
Please help ! I recently reset my PC to clear up space and had to re install the programs I needed. I then downloaded Dxtory. I thought It was going to be the same as before, where I could record Minecraft around 100 fps but this time I record around 15-20. I have no idea why. However I did have to delete and re install my graphics card because it was making Minecraft bug out ( Wasn't Loading Blocks). After I went through a difficult process of having to install a program to fix my graphics card problem, Minecraft started working again ( I installed AMD catalyst). Right after this I installed Dxtory. I used all the settings I had used before I reset my computer but now IT IS LAGGING TO ABSOLUTE SHEET WHILE RECORDING. I get around 100+ fps not recording and 20 fps while recording. Before I used to record fairly close to my normal fps without recording. Please help on What I can do even if it's a crazy idea ANYTHING MAY BE USEFUL to me. Here are my specs:

OperatingSystem - Windows 8
Processor - AMD A6-3620 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.20 GHz
RAM - 4GB
System Type - 64 bit

Now here are the settings I used on Dxtory along with the examples of me recording and not recording :

http://imgur.com/jLVuJuL,gYXEoJB,fSdtb9l,ozc8dKs,y0w0pB4,HEyKXOO,CzumKBL#0

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your computer doesn't look that powerful to me, so there's a start. You also claim to have 'deleted and reinstalled' your graphics card; it doesn't work like that. Your graphics unit isn't a graphics card as well, it's built in with your processing unit.

If you're having issues with recording at high frames, try:
-Lowering your settings
-Using a low-resolution resource pack
-Using a different recording software (I recommend Action! by Mirillis; $30 USD but it's well worth the money)
(EDIT) -Reinstall all device drivers

I had the same issue as you, but what happened to be was I was using Fraps, and when I tried to record a hacker video, the video was frozen as if it was playing at 0.2 FPS or something crazy like that. I switched to Action! and the problem was resolved.

Someone who's a little more experience with Dxtory and/or output settings for recorders can analyse your settings and tell you what's up with them, if anything.

Last edited:

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with your settings. Try Bandicam, it's more lightweight than programs like fraps and dxtory. I'd also recommend reinstalling all of your drivers since you reinstalled your os.

Qyxr

Experienced
Reaction score
I have around the same issue. I recently got Dxtory, thinking it would run at a higher FPS than Fraps, but instead I get 50% fewer frames than recording with Fraps.

Onilegna

Spectator
Reaction score
Your computer doesn't look that powerful to me, so there's a start. You also claim to have 'deleted and reinstalled' your graphics card; it doesn't work like that. Your graphics unit isn't a graphics card as well, it's built in with your processing unit.

If you're having issues with recording at high frames, try:
-Lowering your settings
-Using a low-resolution resource pack
-Using a different recording software (I recommend Action! by Mirillis; $30 USD but it's well worth the money)
(EDIT) -Reinstall all device drivers

I had the same issue as you, but what happened to be was I was using Fraps, and when I tried to record a hacker video, the video was frozen as if it was playing at 0.2 FPS or something crazy like that. I switched to Action! and the problem was resolved.

Someone who's a little more experience with Dxtory and/or output settings for recorders can analyse your settings and tell you what's up with them, if anything.
Sorry I meant Deleted the driver for the Graphics Card

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't use DXTory but on the 4th image it shows Frame Rate: 30 fps, possibly increase that. Also were you saving your videos to a different hard drive, possibly an SSD previously? Finally, try using a different video codec, any lossless ones such as Lagarith can cause lag.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Please help ! I recently reset my PC to clear up space and had to re install the programs I needed. I then downloaded Dxtory. I thought It was going to be the same as before, where I could record Minecraft around 100 fps but this time I record around 15-20. I have no idea why. However I did have to delete and re install my graphics card because it was making Minecraft bug out ( Wasn't Loading Blocks). After I went through a difficult process of having to install a program to fix my graphics card problem, Minecraft started working again ( I installed AMD catalyst). Right after this I installed Dxtory. I used all the settings I had used before I reset my computer but now IT IS LAGGING TO ABSOLUTE SHEET WHILE RECORDING. I get around 100+ fps not recording and 20 fps while recording. Before I used to record fairly close to my normal fps without recording. Please help on What I can do even if it's a crazy idea ANYTHING MAY BE USEFUL to me. Here are my specs:

OperatingSystem - Windows 8
Processor - AMD A6-3620 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.20 GHz
RAM - 4GB
System Type - 64 bit

Now here are the settings I used on Dxtory along with the examples of me recording and not recording :

http://imgur.com/jLVuJuL,gYXEoJB,fSdtb9l,ozc8dKs,y0w0pB4,HEyKXOO,CzumKBL#0
I am not experienced with recording softwares on Windows, as for at the moment I am a Mac user, perhaps you gave Minecraft too much Random Access Memory (RAM) so DXTory, or your recording software can't get in on this extra memory, and has to slow down Minecraft, or vice versa, so try increasing and decreasing the RAM!

Tell me if this works as I'm kind of curious to know, or if you have already solved the problem, what did you do?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I use Dxtory - As far as I can see, your settings are fine. They're pretty much the same as mine, even the codec.

(http://gyazo.com/36c5519b8b738caa87ce24ce20716164)
I can get 70 FPS in a not-very laggy area while recording on this computer, and it has around the same specs as your computer, except Windows 7.
However, my laptop which also has Dxtory and the same settings, locks at exactly 17 FPS with both Fraps AND Dxtory, dropping to 16-15 once in a while.
I can only assume it has something to do with the graphics card or processing capabilities, not Dxtory itself.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I use Dxtory - As far as I can see, your settings are fine. They're pretty much the same as mine, even the codec.

(http://gyazo.com/36c5519b8b738caa87ce24ce20716164)
I can get 70 FPS in a not-very laggy area while recording on this computer, and it has around the same specs as your computer, except Windows 7.
However, my laptop which also has Dxtory and the same settings, locks at exactly 17 FPS with both Fraps AND Dxtory, dropping to 16-15 once in a while.
I can only assume it has something to do with the graphics card or processing capabilities, not Dxtory itself.
DXTory should never cause any major performance issues related to GFX and CPU power. The process it relies on is disk write speed, as you are using a lossless codec the amount of data being written to the disk is huge. Try recording using a 720p codec. (This was aimed at the OP btw)

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
What type of storage device are you recording to?

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not much of a computer genius but what I would only suggest is: Record with a different program.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci