• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor Splitting Votes

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I had an idea where basically if you were a donator, you could split your votes between a few different maps.

Say these were the maps you could vote for.

[MCSG] 1 > : 4 Votes : 40% chance : Valleyside University
[MCSG] 2 > : 3 Votes : 30% chance : Survival Games 4
[MCSG] 3 > : 1 Votes : 10% chance : Fortress Pyke
[MCSG] 4 > : 1 Votes : 10% chance : Origins
[MCSG] 5 > : 1 Votes : 10% chance : Survival Kingdom

Let's say I liked Origins, SG4 and Valleyside. Also, let's say I preferred Origins a bit more than SG4 and Valleyside.

When you do /v #, you should be able to do something like /v # 1. As a diamond donator, I get 4 votes. By putting the 1 after the map number, that means I have used 1 of my 4 votes. So, I would still have 3 votes left.

For example, if I did /v 1 1, I would give 1 out of my 4 votes to Valleyside University. If I also did /v 2 1, I would have voted once for Survival Games 4. That means I have now used 2 out of my possible 4 votes. If I then did /v 4 2, that means I have used my last 2 votes to vote for Origins. I would now be out of votes, and unable to vote anymore.

After I would have voted, this is what /v would have looked like.

[MCSG] 1 > : 5 Votes : 30.2% chance : Valleyside University
[MCSG] 2 > : 4 Votes : 25.2% chance : Survival Games 4
[MCSG] 3 > : 1 Votes : 12.2% chance : Fortress Pyke
[MCSG] 4 > : 3 Votes : 20.2% chance : Origins
[MCSG] 5 > : 1 Votes : 12.2% chance : Survival Kingdom

The command would be /v (map number) (amount of votes)

Thoughts?

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
I like it, but at the same time, (this could be just me) but I find it VERY confusing. :p

Reaction score
It's a good idea, will need more work added into it, plus it will be make players not type and ruffled about the maps and then just use the normal /v command, instead of typing /v # 1.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the idea but I think that for now MCG has to concentrate on other things, like the hacker problem and V2. Maybe once that's sorted out this could be added, but for now it's low priority.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it, but at the same time, (this could be just me) but I find it VERY confusing. :p

Sounds nice, but as Moosie said [well not exactly...], people would find it very confusing at first and not like it.
Basically instead of having all your votes as a donator go to one map, you can vote for multiple with a certain amount of votes.

ColdsGFX

Experienced
Reaction score
Simple imo. I like it, but it won't be added so whatever.

E

Ephiza

I know it sounds simple, but some players won't understand/make the effort to figure this out.
cause theyre stoopid? (Please detect this sarcasm..)

I think this is a great idea, but as I_love_desk said, MCSG should focus on hackers, and cleaning the servers once the *sigh* global stat reset happens. Maybe then, it might be added.

Reaction score
Simple imo. I like it, but it won't be added so whatever.
That came out really aggressive, + you don't really know what staff are doing, just wanted to point that out to you

But aside from that. The staff could think of doing this once the V2 and hacker problem is solved as said above. If this was a possibility, maybe a poll would determine the outcome?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do like the idea! But as said before, it can be confusing to get a little used to, but eventually it will be a pretty good use when donators want to vote. c:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
From a Java perspective, you'd have to restructure the /v command syntax like this:

/v (Map Letter) (Number of Votes)

The maps would be listed in alphabetical order from Map A to Map E in vertically descending order. You would then add however many votes you want for that given map. It's not possible to give votes for multiple maps in one command without the command becoming overly complex for new users. Therefore I suggest that you be able to do /v up to the point in which all of your votes for that lobby have been expended and a red error line is triggered: "You don't have anymore votes to spend!"

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Yess! I hope something like this is added, although I agree it is a bit confusing to get used to. I also think there should some sort of /vote undo if you type the numbers the wrong way or just want to change your vote c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci