• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Displaying my time zone on the sidebar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nescorch

Spectator
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of YouTube videos where the person has EST/PST/CST on the sidebar instead of UTC; however, when I am on the server it only displays the UTC time when I am CST. I have selected Central Time in my preferences tab but it still doesn't display CST. Can anyone please help me figure this out?
Capture.PNG
2016-02-14_12.31.26.png

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
That sets your time zone on the forums, not in-game. People have brought it up that why don't they add their own Time Zone to the sidebar, I never really was told a answer. But if someone wants to, tell him :).

Nescorch

Spectator
Reaction score
Here's an example of what I don't understand how to display
USJdLnd.png

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
It tries to determine your timezone based on your IP, it doesn't work for everyone and I am not sure that it is possible to fix it. The ability to manually set your timezone would be a nice feature for sure!

Moving this thread to General Support. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix it please help him!

Nescorch

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, it'd be nice to set the time zone. Hoping a future update might include that. Thanks for the help.

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
There is no easy fix for this issue, as it would require some back end fixes in development. Like Arsenal said, it tries to determine your time zone based on the location you're in told to the system by your ip. It is not 100% accurate for everyone and as of now there is no real fix for this. Not to say there won't be in the future.

QA;TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci