• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Disguise dilemma

Can the disguise feature be improved even more?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
Recently, the MCSG Disguise feature for Diamond Donors and above has been improved. You now cannot tab someone's name in tab, which is a good feature. Disguise will never be able to stop being improved, because there are always problems. I understand how the Devs are busy with everything, but I, as a person who uses disguise, feel like it still has problems.

1. Joining games.
If you were to disguise in lobby and then join a game, it still says your name when you join, so, if people were to know you were in, but then tryed to tab your name and ask you something, they would know you were disguised. So, when someone who is disguised in lobby were to join a game, it should not say that the Diamond Donor joined the game, but the name of the disguised person they were assigned.

On a sidenote, say a Diamond Donor who was disguised in lobby joined your game, and you knew they were disguised, if you said their name in the chat, ti actually makes you say their disguise name. E.g. if a disguised person called "360NoScope" and their disguise name was "miliumnated", if you were to say 360NoScope in the chat, it would actually turn out as miliumnated. People are able to target you because they know your disguise name.

2. Skins.
The Steve skin is an obvious give-away to if someone were to disguise. It would be less obvious if they were to have a skin, then to have a Steve skin. They would become even less noticeable. If a disguised person was about to go into battle with good armour and a good sword, their opponent would figure out they were disguised because, Steve skins would never usually get that good gear, and then they look at the name (the names are not the issue, but some of them are still the same as last time).

3. Command unveil.
With the new update, you can not tab people's names, like you were used to. Then again, I and other people have already figured out how to bypass this. If I were to see someone with a Steve skin, good armour, and don't recognise their name, I would open my chat, type in "/stat" then put a space after and press tab. Then I'd see a list of names whose statistics I could check. If I were to then look at this list, I'd see a name that wasn't on the tab list, stat them, then know who this person was. Also, like the previous disguise, you can see what person is disguised if you were to bounty them or to sponsor them.

I'm not complaining, as I do think they improved it, but these are just some things I noteiced.

WilloWizard

Last edited:

Cale

Survivor
Reaction score
I also found something out, if thatonetomahawk joins and does /d if you type out Thatonetomahawk and enter it into chat it will come up as the persons /d 'ed name

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Thank you for reporting these issues, the devs are working at their hardest to make the game more enjoyable for disguised people. I am, however, going to move this thread to Feature Suggestions as in my opinion this is suggestion improvements to the command.
Thanks again, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci