• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dedicated Map Servers

Tbeeb

Survivor
Reaction score
Kinda self explanatory...

I'll be honest with you sometimes im in a really good mood to play MCSG but that mood quickly and suddenly wears off making me well...hate MCSG. I've come to realise what it is apart from the hackers which really makes my mood change. It's the fact that I have to join and leave a range of lobbies (an average of 6 times) so that I can finally get into a lobby which has a map that I particularly like.

Then of course I have to wait for the map to get the majority of votes and with this new chance system it's become harder for a decent map to be selected despite it already having the majority of the votes.

Anyway I know that beggars can't be choosers but the fact is the whole "buzz" of playing on the server gets killed off just by having to wait and search for a good map, so I think that instead you should have a set of servers (What? Around 20 will be fine?) for each individual map!

This way...We as individual players can truly decide on what we want to play on. Map makers gain more credited. There are no complaints and arguments in the chat over voting and well tbh at the end of the day everyone's going to be more than happy to play on the server as it's almost guaranteed that they will be able to play on a map that they like.

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah I get your point when you say that it's annoying when you have to join multiple servers in order to find a good map, however rather than making all the servers dedicated map ones, they should only change a fraction of them. Agree?

EDIT - Also just thought, what would happen when new maps are added? It would only be fair if each map had the same amount of dedicated servers and this could cause problems!

Last edited:
Reaction score
No offense, but this isn't a very good idea. A large reason for the raffle voting is to allow underplayed maps to be played. It also forces the players to be adaptive, and I feel people don't like maps either because they don't do well on them, or they have simply never tried it.

Tbeeb

Survivor
Reaction score
No offense, but this isn't a very good idea. A large reason for the raffle voting is to allow underplayed maps to be played. It also forces the players to be adaptive, and I feel people don't like maps either because they don't do well on them, or they have simply never tried it.
I think this eliminates the whole underplayed issue as people who genuinely want to play the maps can happily do so and they can then be classed as "overplayed" the way I see it at the end of the day is that everyone's a winner!

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
This has been suggested before and it won't work. For one thing, the servers that are for maps such as Sg4 and Valleyside would NEVER be able to get played by non-donors. It would always fill up with donors.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not even gonna touch anything else, but 20 servers per map? Seriously? That's ridiculious

Jaynix

Tribute
Reaction score
Like the idea, but the games would have to be donor-only.
Also for the maps being overplayed, I wouldn't have ALL of the maps in these servers, just the popular ones like Sg4, Valleyside, Breeze Island, and I would take the maps on these servers OUT or recommend them LESS on the regular servers.
This makes people want to donate to get into these games, as well as they won't be so overplayed.

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
Meh! It's a feature unique to mcsg. Dont like it, nobody is making you play it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci