• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/Contact

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
There should be a command called /contact. This way, if someone finds a hacker or a blockglitcher, they can use /contact and a staff will come to their help. This should be available for all players, even spectators so helpless people who can't record can use it. It would be sent to all mods, and they will attend to the player's helps or needs.
There should also be a cool down, in case of trolls. Should anyone abuse it, they can be liable to be kicked or any other punishment such as a ban from using it, or even a ban from the server.
Hope this can be taken into consideration.

Format : /Contact
How it works : *Sees a hacker derping and hacking*/ *Sees someone spamming* / *Sees someone using crude language*
1. Type /contact
2. Staff comes to attend to me and look around for hackers / spammers / crude players
3. Disciplinary action will be taken if they are doing anything illegal, wrong, prohibited or crude.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary, but I'll support the idea. How about instead of simply /contact, make it /contact [reason] [name of person being contacted for, like the person that spammed or whatever].

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
And what, it sends a global message to all staff members logged in on MCSG servers? If possible, that would be pretty cool. :)

JewishDolphin

Spectator
Reaction score
I see this both ways. In one way it would help catch more hackers if it was controlled on how much they can send these hacker reports. But I also see that the Teamspeak server would not be used as much since normally when you find a hacker you either report it to the forums or poke a mod on Teamspeak.

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
There is a command for that, but only staff can use it. I think it's either /say or /staff

WeiBeX

Platinum
Reaction score
I love this idea, it would be much more easier to catch hackers. (For those, who can't record).
There is a command for that, but only staff can use it. I think it's either /say or /staff
But only staff can use that command, so normal players can't report a hacker. They can only report a hackers via TS or forums.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
I still think TeamSpeak is better. Just go on and poke a mod. You don't need a mic or anything since you never need to talk. While this idea may be a bit quicker, there are more important things the developers are doing and this would just be another task on their growing list. We should just stick to what we have on TeamSpeak. Plus you can record/screen shot any abuse yourself and send it in. I do like your idea, but I find it to be unnecessary.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Only problem I see with this is if someone does /contact, a staff member comes on the server, but the hacker leaves before they get there a staff member would not know the difference between a troll or a legit report.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Only problem I see with this is if someone does /contact, a staff member comes on the server, but the hacker leaves before they get there a staff member would not know the difference between a troll or a legit report.
If that happens, they can tell the mod they left and explain it. That's the same exact thing that would happen on TS, but that's one less download people need to make.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I still think TeamSpeak is better. Just go on and poke a mod. You don't need a mic or anything since you never need to talk. While this idea may be a bit quicker, there are more important things the developers are doing and this would just be another task on their growing list. We should just stick to what we have on TeamSpeak. Plus you can record/screen shot any abuse yourself and send it in. I do like your idea, but I find it to be unnecessary.
Most players don't have teamspeak.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Or you could just say "Hackssssss", im sure they will come

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci