• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Connection help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormightx

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi,

So, i've been playing on the MCGamer network for a while, and ive met a lot of friends on it and had a lot of fun. But recently, my family moved to South America(from the US) and ive been getting the worse connection and lag ever. I understand why though. My question is, is there anyway i could possibly connect to MCSG without having chunk errors, serious FPS and connection lag, and then later having it say "Timed out"?Or do i have to stop going on? I've tried everything but i dont know what to do anymore, if you could help me in anyway, i would be grateful. Thank youuu x

-Stormightx

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
FPS lag is caused by your computer, not the server, so that's an issue only fixed by making changes to your computer. Connection is determined by distance from the place that the servers are hosted (US servers are hosted in Phoenix, Arizona), as well as your internet speeds. Faster speeds equals faster internet! One way to improve connection (but a rather risky step) would be to disable your firewalls from your internet security (Norton for example). Also, make sure that all windows and programs (this includes Google!) are closed. Do some research to determine your distance away from each server (US would probably still be the best).

I am sorry I could not be much more help other than a few tips, but this question is answered to the best of my knowledge, therefore the thread has been locked. (PM me if you have more questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci