• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Concerns about Reporting Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death_Chimp

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a very huge fondness of banning hackers. I record quality evidence and give it to your lovely moderators to ban the player from your servers. But unfortunately, I have been having concerns about it lately. I sometimes edit my videos by freezing the frame, so you can see the player hacking in a certain position (like Kill Aura) which is sometimes hard to catch when the video is rolling. And some moderators find that helpful and say, "Accepted, thank you for the report", when other moderators say, "Unfortunately, this video is edited and cannot be accepted". I have read the rules, and I do not in any way, tamper with the evidence, so I do not see how pausing the video where the hacker is actually hacking, changes anything badly. Anyway, the point of this thread is that, I do not know which rules to follow. Some moderators say "Accepted", when I use editing (like freezing frames) to see if you didn't catch him/her using hacks, when others say the complete opposite. I am trying to cooperate, with the non-freezing frames thing, but then they say its insufficient and when I do use freezing frames, there is more of a chance of it being Accepted. I don't know if you know what I'm getting to here, but if you do, please answer these 4 words...

What should I do?

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
Hey there!

Thank you for voicing your opinions!

When it comes to report abuses and in your case the "Edited Evidence," we are not supposed to accept the report if the evidence is edited in any way, shape, or form. It must be the raw evidence like if you just finished recording a hacker and you dragged the video into Sony Vegas or some other video editing software and just rendered it. We do not like tamper evidence because it could be covering up something vital or if a user cuts out a part where maybe they themselves were breaking the rules. Things of that nature.

You are allowed to add a section where you slow down the video, however, you must include a completely unedited version as well!

If you would like some tips on how to obtain good, sufficient evidence or how to avoid edited evidence, please read this following excerpt! :)

• Insufficient Evidence
      • If Yes:
        • This means that either the video/picture that you included in the report does not include conclusive evidence that we are able to use in order to punish the alleged rule breaker with.
          • Tips on How to Get Sufficient Evidence:
            • If it is a Video [Hacker], record the person in third person (spectator mode). This makes things a lot easier for the staff to see the user legitimately hacking. Also, try to get at least 15 seconds worth of video showing the alleged hacker, hacking. If it is a picture, screenshot your entire Minecraft screen. If it is not full screen, we cannot accept it as valid evidence; therefore the report will then be closed. Also, make sure to upload the image to IMGUR so that there is a lesser chance of the picture being deleted by the company's service provider.
    • Edited Evidence
      • If Yes:
        • This means that the evidence has been edited in such a way that it obstructs the view/ability of viewing the evidence. This goes for both videos and images. For videos, this can include anything from adding color correction, editing key parts out, to speeding up or slowing down the video to the point where it isn't the normal speed. For images, this can range from color correction, editing over top of the image, removal/blockage of key points on the evidence.
          • Tips on How to Maintain Evidence:
            • Do not edit your footage. The only editing that you should do is cut the video down showing the hacker, hacking. Now, like I mentioned prior, try to get at least 15 seconds worth of video showing the alleged hacker, hacking. That goes for pictures as well, do not edit them.
Thank you for voicing your opinions. I hope this helps you make more sense of things! :)

If you have further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM here on the forums and I can help you from there! :)

Have a great day/night!

NagolGames

QA;TL

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Hey there!

Thank you for voicing your opinions!

When it comes to report abuses and in your case the "Edited Evidence," we are not supposed to accept the report if the evidence is edited in any way, shape, or form. It must be the raw evidence like if you just finished recording a hacker and you dragged the video into Sony Vegas or some other video editing software and just rendered it. We do not like tamper evidence because it could be covering up something vital or if a user cuts out a part where maybe they themselves were breaking the rules. Things of that nature.

You are allowed to add a section where you slow down the video, however, you must include a completely unedited version as well!

If you would like some tips on how to obtain good, sufficient evidence or how to avoid edited evidence, please read this following excerpt! :)
Thank you for voicing your opinions. I hope this helps you make more sense of things! :)

If you have further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM here on the forums and I can help you from there! :)

Have a great day/night!

NagolGames

QA;TL
Ik the thread is locked, but just going to add on a little bit. If a moderator accepts the evidence even if part of it was edited, it is most likely because you either had the clip unedited at another point in the video, or there was another unedited part that was deemed to be sufficient.

The reason we don't except edited video is because in slow motion normal hits can look like Kill Aura, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci