• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Concept: Hub Attractions Contest

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: this contest is currently only in a conceptual stage, and is subject to change or removal without question at any time.

Hello builders,

I've had an idea for a mini contest for quite some time, one that would involve adding something to the hub. It's unofficial at this time, but because it seems to be building up steam, I'd like to get input on it as well as making people aware of it.

Right now, the MCG Hub operates as a gateway for players to conveniently travel from gamemode to gamemode. In addition to that, it has also taken on some entertainment value within itself thanks to its side-attractions, such as the launch pads, MCSG monument, parkour routes, and the ever-loved trampoline. While these are well and good, I'm curious to see what else we can come up with.

This is where you fine folks come in. This mini-contest challenges the community to come up with other attractions or facilities to be added to the hub. Will you make a waterslide? A maze? Petting zoo? Amphitheater? Potato farm? Kids like potato farms, right?

What sets this contest apart from the other mapping contests (besides being about the hub) is that build teams must be mindful of the attraction's practicality in addition to its architecture. Because of the popularity of the hub, your attraction must be able to operate under constant usage with flawless execution. In addition, it must be allowed to operate autonomously and must be suited for entertaining large amounts of players at a time; a rollercoaster would be a bad idea, since only a cart-full of people would be able to use it at once time. Furthermore, it must fit within the existing architecture of the MCG hub as well. All things must be considered before it can be made.

At the least, this contest is conceptual: submit an idea that we like the best, and we'll reward you for it (and commission a team to make it). However, if the Admin team approves of a larger-scale contest, we will be expanding the contest for build teams to submit their own entries for judgement.

Just remember: don't admit your attraction just yet, as the contest hasn't started (and you don't want anyone taking your idea).

Rewards, procedure, and notification will be figured out if/when the contest is approved and officially announced; remember, this is just a concept thus far. But I am very interested in hearing your guys' ideas, suggestions, concerns, and questions about the contest.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what people will come up with! :)

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Potato farm? Great! We can grow more Subv3rsions and we'll have more developers! I'm excited to see what the community can come up with.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a question; are we supposed to build another hub for MCSG or edit in any attractions/structures onto the existing hub? Also, Team_Xonia is totally in! :D

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I like this idea. Sounds like a good build team is ready for a challenge.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Got it.
One potato farm coming up!
^^
Original idea
Do not steal

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Would you prefer that we tell you of the idea first? Or build the attraction, and then showcase it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci