• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Command to check for forcefielders

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
The idea is that either this would automatically run every 5 mins in a game or mods could use the command. Basically it would be /check [player] or /checkall. Sets an invisible dummy player above every persons head. (there are plugins that let you set statues of players and that thing, I assume forcefield would still work the same way on them.) and maybe do that 5 times within 10 seconds, and if the player instantly starts trying to do damage to the player (the plugin could check if the dummy player was taking "damage") each time then it would either alert a mod or instantly get kicked/ban.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think it will work. But you could open your recording software or poke a mod :p

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it will work. But you could open your recording software or poke a mod :p
Why wouldn't it work? Also, recording a player can be time consuming and not always guaranteed of good evidence. A lot of players don't know how to poke mods as well...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it work? Also, recording a player can be time consuming and not always guaranteed of good evidence. A lot of players don't know how to poke mods as well...
A regular player could just be randomly clicking and might accidentally hit the dummy a couple times. This method sounds good, but it's not good enough until it doesn't affect normal players.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Incredibly good idea, however it should be a mod only tool. If a random player was swinging multiple times in the air after specifically being called a hacker and having a moderator called, that's frankly bad luck. (Not to mention the mod would see it as not force field as the head wouldn't be flicking, therefore they get kicked out of one game, not a bad con as the pros outweigh it severely)

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
A regular player could just be randomly clicking and might accidentally hit the dummy a couple times. This method sounds good, but it's not good enough until it doesn't affect normal players.
Perhaps spawn the dummy out of the normal possible hit range? I'm pretty sure forcefield/killaura gives you longer reach as well. Also, it would be really unlikely that a player would be looking directly up and spam clicking, or the dummy could actually spawn BEHIND the player so it would be impossible for the player to hit it.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was skeptical to put it lightly... but this is a surprisingly good idea! :eek:
I think the dummy would have to be placed maybe behind where the player is facing, or above if they're not looking up. (Can plugins detect which way the person is facing?)
Also, if ForceField is able to hit invisible people (Like with the potions, not /vanish) then perhaps give the dummy some invis time so that a regular player won't try to click them? (But give the person who performed the command the ability to see it, or maybe have it outlined, idk)

Also, I agree that it should be mods-only, otherwise we run the risk of having someone abuse the command.
I think that instead of a mod command, the server should automatically do this every 5 mins or so, because honestly I don't see mods joining games that often, and it would be much more efficient. Another thing is that if we have an automated system for hackers, (the main problem), mods can spend a lot more time on other things like catching spammers/trollers etc.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
When I first saw the title of this thread, I was skeptical to put it lightly... but this is a surprisingly good idea! :eek:
I think the dummy would have to be placed maybe behind where the player is facing, or above if they're not looking up. (Can plugins detect which way the person is facing?)
Also, if ForceField is able to hit invisible people (Like with the potions, not /vanish) then perhaps give the dummy some invis time so that a regular player won't try to click them? (But give the person who performed the command the ability to see it, or maybe have it outlined, idk)

Also, I agree that it should be mods-only, otherwise we run the risk of having someone abuse the command.

DoFlamingo

Experienced
Reaction score
There could be 4 invisible dummies which have 0.5 hearts for only 0.5 seconds.
It tells the mod how many dummies were killed
Example: Username killed 3/4 dummies in 0.5 seconds.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think this would work very well for all forcefielders as I'm very sure you can disable forcefield for different things(mobs, players, and probably invisible players)

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think this would work very well for all forcefielders as I'm very sure you can disable forcefield for different things(mobs, players, and probably invisible players)
I have used multiple hacked clients before, (not on MCSG of course,) and yes, you can disable it for mobs/players, but there isn't an option to disable it for invisible players, why would there be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci