• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Colorful Text in Chat

Should there be more colored text in chat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We all remember a few days ago on April 1st when the text in the chat was PINK. Although it was meant to be an april fool's prank, I actually liked the idea. Ok, so maybe pink was a bit too, ah, feminine or flashy, but maybe a a bright, yet not too flashy color would be appropriate. I know they already implemented it for Mods, but the players should get a slice of the pie too. Maybe a different color for every time of donor? Am i the only one that legitimately wanted more color? I mean i would want to buy diamond donor if everything i typed in chat was bright blue and noticeable, wouldn't you?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Everyone should have more interestingly colored names, teal, gold, and silver doesn't cut it. Iron should be orange, gold Red, and diamond pink! And staff can stay.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not to shoot down your idea, but odds are this won't happen. I remember when MCSGv2 first came out, everyone hated the new color scheme. Why? People hate change. Not only will this idea make the chat less neat, but it will cause tons of people to rage on the forums like they did before. So, I say no to this.

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not to shoot down your idea, but odds are this won't happen. I remember when MCSGv2 first came out, everyone hated the new color scheme. Why? People hate change. Not only will this idea make the chat less neat, but it will cause tons of people to rage on the forums like they did before. So, I say no to this.
Well, the change is more aesthetic and should not affect the total PvP experience of someone on MCSG. If there is a positive response to the poll on this thread wouldn't it mean that people are willing to subject to change is order for a more "colorful" MCSG?

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone should have more interestingly colored names, teal, gold, and silver doesn't cut it. Iron should be orange, gold Red, and diamond pink! And staff can stay.
And the reason they are these colours is because... those are the colours of iron, gold and diamond. It would be kinda weird if diamond donors were pink.

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And the reason they are these colours is because... those are the colours of iron, gold and diamond. It would be kinda weird if diamond donors were pink.
I believe he is trying to say that a players IGN before a message would stay the same color, but their test in chat would be more vivd and noticeable

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Because, diamond and stuff is just ranks, not necessarily colors. I said this because honestly, non-donors names are more noticeable then iron donors, green to silver, which would you look at first? Just doesn't seem right. And when I say pink orange and red, I do mean to actually change the name color, I just used those 3 colors for example though.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would mind if only donators got it, but still would be too many colourz no wun be ables to handl it

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
I think every rank should have its own colour!
We require moar colour!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Thread locked. Please don't post on threads that haven't been posted on in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci