• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Coldfront

Should the Map name remain Coldfront?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dabushwaka

Spectator
Reaction score
Map name:Coldfront
Lead Builder/Build team name: gameboy9968,Spoilerluma and the staff of MCBuffalo
Game type: survival games
Map description: A map which is sentered somewere in Nordic regions featuring diffrent companies and items which either can be found or are based in either : Finland, Sweden, Norway or Denmark. This map features many explorable buildings, puzzles of varying difficulty, multiple parcours, traps and a Heavenly Hoe.
The map has 4 majour areas: The town, The fields, The wilderness and Valhalla. This map (as earlyer mensioned) is loaded whit puzzles and eastereggs. Every location inside of the Dome whit 1 exeption as of i can think of, can be entered and or opened. Some puzzles can be solved alone but there are also puzzles that cant be solved unless helped by a fellow player. When playing this map i recommend disabling explosive block damage and fire block damage as this might cause unexpected damage to the map. if there is anything i missed please feel free to mension it below. This is the first map iwe ever made so contructive critisism is apreciated
Video/screenshots:
Coordinates of corn and deathmatch Arena if applicable:
Map radius: 200
Map Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tu2r2gpvbk287h3/SG4.rar
This was the only sceenshot i could get from my .mc folder:
2015-07-09_12.33.40.png

I,{gameboy9968} agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (Map Maker) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
Try and provide more screenshots pleeease. The hangars look a bit oddly shaped. Maybe make them a bit more curved at the top. Also, what are those things in the air? xD

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
From what I can see it looks very flat, and lacking detail. It is very hard to see with only one screenshot, please provide some more.

dabushwaka

Spectator
Reaction score
Try and provide more screenshots pleeease. The hangars look a bit oddly shaped. Maybe make them a bit more curved at the top. Also, what are those things in the air? xD
Hello, i read your reply and changing the hangar should not be problem, The strange thing you mensioned is a cloud which had to have holes in it due to some lighting glithces, will try to get atleast the Hangars changed Thank you for your opinion and advice!

From what I can see it looks very flat, and lacking detail. It is very hard to see with only one screenshot, please provide some more.
Hi, the reason for the map being so flat is because it was built over a sea to simplify the building process. Iwe tried to make parts of the map have small hills and lakes but in the end most of these blocks had to be placed by hand, by myself due to the fact that every time we wanted something world edited it had to be done by the staff on the server. I managed to get a take new screenshots which now worked. Thank you for your advice and opinion!
2015-07-17_18.06.19.png
2015-07-17_18.11.43.png
2015-07-17_18.14.18.png

2015-07-17_18.05.00.png
2015-07-17_18.04.28.png

Coobqwer

Survivor
Reaction score
So I downloaded the map and this is what I thought:

Overall, the map has some good builds but often the builds are not finished with nearly enough detail and seem to be quite random. For example I found a crafting bench in the middle of nowhere, the cloud with a ship on above corn is interesting and there are modern skyscrapers and wood cabins. To improve add detail and stick to a better theme. Also would wheat grow in somewhere called Coldfront?

The terraforming also needs a lot of work. The cliffs around the edge of the map look unnatural and don't really flow. To improve these add variation in height and how steep they are. Also try to make the land have bit more height.

The way I believe you can improve this most is by using custom made trees because at the moment the vanilla trees don't look too good.

The map also uses 1.8 blocks so at the moment this would need to be fixed.

There are some really nice builds on this map though such the aircraft and modern tall buildings.

Well done though with changes this may work :)

dabushwaka

Spectator
Reaction score
So I downloaded the map and this is what I thought:

Overall, the map has some good builds but often the builds are not finished with nearly enough detail and seem to be quite random. For example I found a crafting bench in the middle of nowhere, the cloud with a ship on above corn is interesting and there are modern skyscrapers and wood cabins. To improve add detail and stick to a better theme. Also would wheat grow in somewhere called Coldfront?

The terraforming also needs a lot of work. The cliffs around the edge of the map look unnatural and don't really flow. To improve these add variation in height and how steep they are. Also try to make the land have bit more height.

The way I believe you can improve this most is by using custom made trees because at the moment the vanilla trees don't look too good.

The map also uses 1.8 blocks so at the moment this would need to be fixed.

There are some really nice builds on this map though such the aircraft and modern tall buildings.

Well done though with changes this may work :)
Hello, i read your reply and if you could specify were the crafing bench was so i can move that bench to a better location. The cliffs around the maps could be fixed but that might take a while since it has to be done by hand. the same goes for the terrain and trees. Wheat is actualy a common food source in the nordic regions were this map is centered in. I will try to give more details to diffrent buildings and items if possible. The problem whit the 1.8 blocks will be looked into. I do not know about the Theme part though as that seems to me as the map itself would need to be made from scratch again.
I really apreciate the constructive critisism and your opinion as i will try to furter improve the map based on the feedback i got from above.:)

Coobqwer

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello, i read your reply and if you could specify were the crafing bench was so i can move that bench to a better location. The cliffs around the maps could be fixed but that might take a while since it has to be done by hand. the same goes for the terrain and trees. Wheat is actualy a common food source in the nordic regions were this map is centered in. I will try to give more details to diffrent buildings and items if possible. The problem whit the 1.8 blocks will be looked into. I do not know about the Theme part though as that seems to me as the map itself would need to be made from scratch again.
I really apreciate the constructive critisism and your opinion as i will try to furter improve the map based on the feedback i got from above.:)
Ok, so the crafting bench is at the co ordinates 1205, 66, 236. Make sure there aren't any other randomly placed ones because this obviously affects the maps gameplay.

If I were you I would transfer your map to a server where you have access to voxel sniper and world edit. This would make changing the trees, terrain and cliffs a breeze it would instantly transform the map to look 10x better :)

About the whole theme I think you should keep the builds that are modern and make the map more centred around that because they are the best.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me :)

Epo

Survivor
Reaction score
Well. You've got the barn, the airport, the crops, tanks... I think you should think outside the box

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci