• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring back the monsters!

Should monsters be?

• Yes.

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I am not bothering.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No.

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am not understanding why we not shall have monsters, it brings aspects from both hunger games and minecraft, then why not?

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
I say unleash the monsters.
It makes the game more of a challenge!

Sure, they won't be wild beasts, but at-least there are still harmful creatures at night.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Vareide himself has said that he doesn't like having mobs on his maps, as they're not in the spirit of how he wants it.

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They turned off the mobs caus they spawned with 200+ at map 3 caus of the dark places..

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
i swear they spawned alot on 120 slot servers? also on 48 slot servers they're are alot more passive mobs and i can normally get 4-5 levels from all the mobs and enchant a sword bow and most of my armor :)

wildman26

Tribute
Reaction score
apart from lagging the server to hell mobs also tip the balance out a bit. it seems like mobs don't spawn in the middle so much so corn controllers have no problems, meanwhile out in the field people in leather are running for their lives from creepers, skeltons, zombies, and *!#? spiders meaning that mr poor player has an even worse chance of winning. before mobs got nerfed only corn controllers won (at least what i saw) and when mobs were nerfed suddenly a lot of different people are wining. (also on map 2 falling into the subway was like the death sentence)

ChrisWoW

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it's a decent idea, but it does have issues..
  • Lag. It's not fun whatsoever, the server has to spawn these extra mobs aswell as accounting for players. This will increase the latency, making it more difficult to do anything, essentially, it'll be the Lag Games.
  • Map 3. In Map 3 the cornucopia is very dark, when I downloaded the actual map onto Singleplayer, legions upon legions of mobs spawned, not even all the 24 players could take on that amount of mobs, if they were going to be introduced, they'd only be able to have 1 mob let's say every 3 chunks.
  • Other problems, on the first night, I find a lot of people are undergeared, at best people will have some iron mixed with chainmail, but most of the tributes will have leather armor, which against about 2 mobs isn't going to do you a whole lot of good, with the extra lag, you're looking at an early death.
Overall, it's a decent idea. However, until they fix the issues I listed, I see no possible way of this ever being added.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Its not in the spirit of the hunger games. The only beasts from the hunger games were ones that were sent out by gamemakers, not wild beasts.

xJenniex

Tribute
Reaction score
No way.
I want to be killed by players, not because I got swarmed by 10 mobs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci