• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bow Particles - Need Help with Resource Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello!

I noticed in some Minecraft videos that people have edited their bow particle effect (particles that appear when shooting an arrow - here). I was messing around with mine, but I didn't know what I was doing so the game crashed every time I shot my bow...:confused:

I saw a few people who had hearts as their particles when shooting; something like this. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the actual videos/images of people using the hearts after searching...

Could someone please change the bow particle effect to a heart for me on this (or link me to a particle.png/resource pack with it)? The bow particles are right next to the music note... Thanks!

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
It's pretty easy, just open up that texture file, copy the part with the hearts, and move it over to where the bow particles are.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I really don't know how. Although I'd just like to point out my bow particles say 69 when you let it go....LET IT GOOOO LET ITTTTTT GOOO

O god what did this just turn into ;(

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's pretty easy, just open up that texture file, copy the part with the hearts, and move it over to where the bow particles are.
There's apparently more than that, that's what I tried.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Replace the existing particles.png with the one in the attached file, that should work. You get heart particles for your bow and for the critical hits on animals/players :)

Attachments

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Replace the existing particles.png with the one in the attached file, that should work. You get heart particles for your bow and for the critical hits on animals/players :)
Oh wow, it actually worked! Thank you so much! I'm curious what did you do to get it to work..? I tried copy/pasting the heart but it didn't work when I tried..

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No problem. :D I did it in Photoshop. First, I removed the main critical hit particle next to the musical note with the gum. Then I selected and copied the heart and pasted it where the critical hit particle was. Just that. :p

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No problem. :D I did it in Photoshop. First, I removed the main critical hit particle next to the musical note with the gum. Then I selected and copied the heart and pasted it where the critical hit particle was. Just that. :p
Hmm. I did that too, maybe the dimensions or something were off... I had multiple layers though, did you merge them somehow? I'm new to photoshop haha

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm. I did that too, maybe the dimensions or something were off... I had multiple layers though, did you merge them somehow? I'm new to photoshop haha
Once you convert the photoshop file into a png it should compress the layers, as png's don't support layers.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well I selected the heart with the rectangular marquee tool, then right click and select 'free transform path' and confirm. Remove the existing particle with the gum and place the second heart there. After that save it as 'particles.png' and it should be ready to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci