• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty Suggestion

If you agree, how many bounty do you think should be gained from killing someone?

• 500 - 1000 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 1000 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Ever thought bounty is underused or just worthless? Well I present you with an idea that will change your way of thinking once and for all.

Lately, I have noticed the decrease in people using the bounty feature, which has been low prior to it's decrease in use. Lately, the only users that benefit the most from bounty are YouTuber's as players want to spoil their recording, enhance it by adding more PvP or whatever.

To the point, I was thinking, that on top of players having the ability to set bounties on others whilst dead, why not have the console set bounty on you successfully killing someone?

I mean, it would most likely speed up the gameplay, and give users a reason to, lets say go after a decked user with a lot of kills or just in general to avoid users running forever (Everyone knows the pain). It would enhance the gameplay and possibly slightly shorter matches. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing, depending on your style of play. As usual, whoever kills you gains points from killing you on top of the bounty, unless you win, thus claiming your bounty.

Now, I am not saying to replace the current system. But adding little touches like these would spice up the gameplay and would give bounty a deeper, more consistent use.

Thanks for reading, I am open to feedback and constructive criticism.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Not sure what to think but it does sound like a good idea.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that people would have too many points if this was implemented. Think about it, say the "kill bounty" was 100, and you kill 4 people in a game that you play, you would be getting 400 points on top of the points you get for killing the player. I think that this system would make it so everyone has too many points, which makes having a lot of points not rare or special. I could see this being used, however, if the bounty was smaller, say 15 points. I think it would be interesting if it was.

Last edited:

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that people would have too many points if this was implemented. Think about it, say the "kill bounty" was 100, and you kill 4 people in a game that you play, you would be getting 400 points on top of the points you get for killing the player. I think that this system would make it so everyone has too many points, which makes having a lot of points not rare or special. I could see this being used, however, if the bounty was smaller, say 15 points. I think it would be interesting if it was.
Three things I have to say.

1. I can see where you're coming from, but currently, you come out of a game as victor and have lets say 5 kills. The chances are, you will have gained about 100 points. People do not have a lot of points nowadays, even people with lets say 5000 points only yield about 250.

2. People with a lot of points suffer. High risk low reward. That way they may actually keep their bounty. The best players win 1/2 games neutralising their bounty, however they lose lots of points and gain little.

3. That's what the poll is for.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, it isn't intended to.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
Three things I have to say.

1. I can see where you're coming from, but currently, you come out of a game as victor and have lets say 5 kills. The chances are, you will have gained about 100 points. People do not have a lot of points nowadays, even people with lets say 5000 points only yield about 250.

2. People with a lot of points suffer. High risk low reward. That way they may actually keep their bounty. The best players win 1/2 games neutralising their bounty, however they lose lots of points and gain little.

3. That's what the poll is for.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, it isn't intended to.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea. I just think that 100+ points is too much. You would see people with so many points, and then it wouldn't be rare to have say 10,000 points. I think that your bounty system would work better if the "kill bounty" was 15-20 points, so you would get more points than normal, but not have thousands of points.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea. I just think that 100+ points is too much. You would see people with so many points, and then it wouldn't be rare to have say 10,000 points. I think that your bounty system would work better if the "kill bounty" was 15-20 points, so you would get more points than normal, but not have thousands of points.
Like I said that's what the poll is for.

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
I like this idea! People with skill have the chance to go all the way to the end with a bounty!

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice idea, hopefully it can get implemented! This would definitely change the way people view bounties and they would also have more worth like you said.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like this idea, but I don't think it'll have any effect on the apparent duration of games unless someone tryhards people for points(which, last time I checked, never happens- there are most definitely tryhards for wins and killing MCSG personalities such as staff or famous people). In the event that people do tryhard for points, some people will be deterred from getting kills so as to not get as much bounty set on them, thus effectively making the game the same length as normal or even longer. The points in game as set bounty also wouldn't necessarily represent if somebody was decked or not (somebody could get 60 bounty from 6 kills and not have that good of a tier gear [if the bounty per kill was 10]).

In response to the increase of points being put out there if this suggestion was implemented; points serve no purpose other than to say 'hey, I've got more points than you, b*tch pls' (otherwise known as bragging rights) and to sponsor people (which, unless you're a generous soul, a fan of a certain player or helping a friend rarely happens).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci