• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Blood Particle Effects

2neptune

Tribute
Reaction score
Sometimes it can be annoying when you are attacking someone. It is dark, and you have no way of knowing whether the sever is lagging or whether you are hitting your enemy.
It can be hard to tell if you are actually striking. On Hypixel's severs they have blood particles. It makes it easier to tell whether you are hitting someone or not.
MCSG should get blood particle effects!

2neptune

Tribute
Reaction score
I know that, but there should at least be a way to know for sure. For example, Hypixel's servers also show how much health your enemies have above their heads.
Even without blood, we should still have a way to tell how much health your enemy is on.

2neptune

Tribute
Reaction score
I guess, but just making someone go red is a little hard to see when they are wearing iron armour and you are in a dark cave or something.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. Why waste time, it's pretty easy to tell if you're hitting someone. They go red, and they are knocked back a little. Also adding a health bar above heads is a definite NO for obvious reasons.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think anything of the sort is necessary, then you won't know if you hit them, and that's your fault for not paying close enough attention. Then it will be a surprise when they die or when it turns out they are at higher health than you expected.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Particles would be pointless and not necessary. It really isn't that hard to see when you have hit someone.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just turn up your sound. But I do like the particles on Hypixel's server

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Those particles are a part of a Bukkit blood plugin. While you can turn it off with /blood to reduce CLIENT lag, the lag it causes the server trips up NoCheatPlus into thinking you didn't hit him/her. I get this a TON on Hypixels server. Although it could just be bad NCP configuration. Overall, I highly dislike the plugin/feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci