• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Blatant targetting/chasing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xx

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi there everyone, first thread on the forums for this server, and unfortunately its a question about the rules.

In the last match that I played I started off by going to corn and managed to get nothing but a pair of boots and a piece of bread. I didn't put them on as armor without a weapon makes you out as an easy target in my experience. Anyways, I noticed immediately before the sewer entrance on Chernobyl that there is a player called kayeita following my exact path. I'd have normally tried going into the sewer, but I noticed she had a sword. So instead I passed it up hoping she'd just go down it so I could try another chest route. Boy oh boy did I think wrong. She continuously chased me for two minutes until I tried leading her into another player. Soon after I noticed that the other player was on her side, and now begins the near 10 minute long goose chase. I ran for that long trying to get distance to eat and maybe grab a chest sent from the heavens. The teammate split after a while and died, but kayeita stayed on me. I showed nothing, and tried to guide her into a fight multiple times and past multiple routes, but no luck.

My goal was to just run until I was out of stamina so she would at least also toss her match out the window. I did just that, and when I hit 3 stamina bars, I decided to /suicide out of anger. She ends up typing right after I died "oh darn.. I wanted to kill you because of your name."

WHAT! I twitched after reading that. I don't get angry with gaming often, but this really ticked me off. Apparently she had other teammates with the same goal, those two just happened to have spotted me in the beginning. I recorded the whole ordeal from the beginning of the match. But I'm not exactly sure if she did anything wrong. I know youtubers go through this exact thing on a much bigger scale, so I was wondering if there was an actual rule against blatant/admitted straight off of corn targeting?

Sorry if not, it's just an honest question since I'm guessing I'll see more of it in the future.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ said:
  • Stalking a player around into servers and constantly targeting them is considered harassment
In the rules, Chad states that constantly targeting a player is considered harassment. Unfortunately, I don't know that being targeted in just one round is against the rules, even though it is highly frowned upon.

xx

Spectator
Reaction score
Ouch, I'm wondering if they'll continue to do it if I see them again. I guess the only way in that case is to continue recording matches. I appreciate the quick reply, Console.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
Ouch, I'm wondering if they'll continue to do it if I see them again. I guess the only way in that case is to continue recording matches. I appreciate the quick reply, Console.
Your best bet is to record who was doing this, if you are able to, and then, if you get sufficient enough proof, you can submit it in the abuse report forum which you can find here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/Report/
Make sure to use this template: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/report-abuse-templates.6742/
Hope I could help. :)

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
"Targetting" to the point of a ban or other form of punishment is when you follow a player from game to game all day without giving them a chance to do anything. 'Targetting' someone off corn for one game isn't punishable, nor is targeting someone just because of their name.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci