• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Betting System [Version 3] [Point Flow Fault Fixed!]

Do you like the system?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello, Ladies And Gentlemen! A couple months ago I had an idea for the Bet System and I posted it. I got a lot of success, but there were some faults with it, so I fixed it!

Please Read The Whole/Most Of The Thread Before You Post.

What Is The Bet System?
It's pretty self-explanatory. The Bet System is a system where you would bet, with points, on a player to win the Survival Games, and if your player won the bet, you would receive your points + bonus points, depending on when you entered the bet.

Why Do We Need This?
I think we need this for a few reasons.

1. First of all, using the bounty system, there is absolutely no way to get your points back if you were the one who set a bounty on the person.

2. I think We Can All Agree that if you have a high bounty, being chased by people who want it, is just annoying, partly because if it's a close fight, there's probably going to be a clean-up crew nearby, waiting to swoop in and steal all of your points.

3. Using this system, you really don't benefit if you bet on someone near the end of the game. See If this Were Added....Examples.. for more info on this.

4. Using the bounty system, people can bounty others right as they're about to die, so their friends can get points. Using the Bet System, you would gain little to no benefit for betting on someone to win right as your friend kills them to win. {During Non-Deathmatch.} And during Deathmatch, you can't even bet! I see a HUGE closure in the undeserved-points-gap because of this.

5. It promotes spectating to see if the person you bet on won. I know many people who don't spectate, and if this were added, many more people would get to see those epic kills each round.

How would This affect points? POINT FLOW FIXED
If you bet 30 points on a player to win, and they won, you would get 30 back.
If one person bet 30 points on a player, and they lost, the points would go to the victor who won.
If one person bet 75 on someone, and another bet 25, and the person they bet on won, they would each get 50 points. {Risk of betting}
So as you can see, there are now no random points! All the points have to come from the players, so they don't just Poof! out of no-where.

Commands:
Central Command: /bet [Player] [Points]
After Command:/confirmbet
These Commands Would Place The Bet.

If This Were Added...In-Game Examples

Betting On People:
Are You Sure You Would Like To Bet? The Bet Can't Be Un-Done. Type [/confirmbet] to confirm.

You Successfully Bet [Points] On [Player]. Spectate And See If They Win!

Wining A bet: You won the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You got back your full 50 points! Plus, since another player bet 100 points on him, you got a 25 point bonus! {100 + 50 equals 150. 150 / 2 = 75. 50+25 = 75.}

Losing A Bet: You Lost the bet that [Player] would win the Survival Games! You lost the 40 points that you bet.

Betting In Deathmatch: Oh No! It's deathmatch, and you can't bet!

More In-Game Examples To Come!

People Who Had Good Suggestions And made Betting Better:
MoLoToV - "Helped Decide The "Bet Time = Points"
Nephilim_04 "Helped with Post Corrections"

If You Like This, Remember To Share The Thread!
If You Voted No, Please Say Why And Leave A Suggestion.

Have A Nice Day!

Last edited:

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, but I still see three flaws:
  1. The spectators can't really gain from betting. Wasn't there originally supposed to be some sort of bonus to anyone who bet on the right person?
  2. If one person bets 10,000 points and another bets 10, the points get spread equally between them. Doesn't that seem unfair?
  3. One can still bet right before deathmatch, when it is fairly obvious who is going to win.
In my opinion, someone should get a 20% bonus if they bet correctly. For example, if someone bets 100, they get 120 back if they win, and none if they lose.

As for the whole idea of pooling points on a player, it simply doesn't seem fair because someone can always jump on that bandwagon and bet 10 points in order to get hundreds back.

For the last issue, maybe some sort of player counter that decreases the value of the bets over time?

I honestly don't think this has great chances of being added considering this is V3 now, but it's fun to talk about it.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, but I still see three flaws:
  1. The spectators can't really gain from betting. Wasn't there originally supposed to be some sort of bonus to anyone who bet on the right person?
  2. If one person bets 10,000 points and another bets 10, the points get spread equally between them. Doesn't that seem unfair?
  3. One can still bet right before deathmatch, when it is fairly obvious who is going to win.
In my opinion, someone should get a 20% bonus if they bet correctly. For example, if someone bets 100, they get 120 back if they win, and none if they lose.

As for the whole idea of pooling points on a player, it simply doesn't seem fair because someone can always jump on that bandwagon and bet 10 points in order to get hundreds back.

For the last issue, maybe some sort of player counter that decreases the value of the bets over time?

I honestly don't think this has great chances of being added considering this is V3 now, but it's fun to talk about it.
Yes, you were originally supposed to get a bonus, but that would disrupt the flow of points. They can't just come out of no-where.
2. I don't think anyone would be 10,000 points, and that's the risk of betting

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
This is bassicly a revamp of the bounty system..

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Great idea! But I have some constructive criticism.

I believe that the /bet command should only work if deathmatch is finished in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds. This would encourage fights instead of running, and it would make players want to rush for points rather than wait until they can clean up.

Also, I think that players with worse gear should get more of a payoff, as well as the sponsors. This would cause players to take more risks in betting, and the player with the most armor wouldn't get all of the bets. I'm not sure how this would be implemented (trust me, I tried coming up with a way that conserves points), but it would definitely make MCSG more strategic, and the no armor challenge would be OP :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci