• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZzMrcoolkidzz

Spectator
Reaction score
I Think that This Mod should be allowed because they added a key to keep sprinting and they fixed it better sprint is the same thing And its very hard to tell if they are using it it doesn't help with pvp or fighting its not a modded client. This is just my opinion on it should be allowed so if you have any other opinions comment it bellow but I think it should be added.

To Mcsg
From ZzMrcoolkidzz63

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
If it is the same thing, what's the matter then?

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
I Think that This Mod should be allowed because they added a key to keep sprinting and they fixed it better sprint is the same thing And its very hard to tell if they are using it it doesn't help with pvp or fighting its not a modded client. This is just my opinion on it should be allowed so if you have any other opinions comment it bellow but I think it should be added.

To Mcsg
From ZzMrcoolkidzz63
You said it yourself. If it's the same thing, then why should it be added? What's so hard about holding down a button?

Reaction score
Then why don't you use the sprint key?
Everyone has explained it so many times. BSM will NEVER EVER NEVER be allowed in MCSG

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
If it is the same thing, what's the matter then?
That ^

All I am gonna say is it does give an advantage, although people say you can't, it is possible to sprint backwards and sideways with BSM.

To add to that, BSM also gives you a "toggle-shift" feature. This means you can open your inventory when shifting/crouching.

TL;DR?
BSM won't be allowed on the MCGamer Network as it gives an advantage over other players.
A more detailed explanation can be found below, it was posted by Mooclan.

"Bold=No Vanilla Equivalent
1. Toggle Sprint - You can set a key to toggle your sprint, so that every single time you move forwards you sprint.
2. Toggle Sneaking - You can toggle your sneaking so that you don't have to hold down the button. This can be used to hide for long periods of AFK time or when you're in your inventory, typing in chat, etc. so that you can't be found.
3. Sprint Key - Similar to what Minecraft has now, you can hold it down to sprint when you move forwards. This is essentially a vanilla feature as of recent updates.

Did I miss any? Not that I know of.
Sure, you can always put a rock or something on your sneak key, but it won't work when you're in your inventory or typing, etc. so it's not fair.
Toggle Sprint, however... That's the most outstanding feature of BSM. Minecraft does not do that in its vanilla versions. MCSG makes an effort to keep gameplay as vanilla as possible. They do not allow any modifications that change gameplay.

For example, one of the modifications that is allowed on MCSG - OptiFine.
OptiFine, one of the most popular Mods on MCSG, improves graphics, allows for zooming in, and can increase computer performance. The zooming in feature can be negated by having a large screen with high resolution and looking closely at your monitor, and the improved computer performance can be near useless if you already have a good computer.
OptiFine does NOT change gameplay, and will not give you an unfair advantage in a fight. (CPU performance is your own issue.)

BSM, however, DOES. You can sprint more consistently, run over mountains faster because of the constant sprinting, and in overall combat it is unfair. Even with Minecraft's Sprint Key, the toggle feature for sprinting that BSM offers is different. With the Sprint Key, you have to sacrifice a finger's usefulness and availability in order to hold down the sprint key, which is not an issue with BSM. You can't move your hand as freely in vanilla Minecaft if you want to keep using it. (Depending on where you place your sprint key, but it still takes up a finger.)"

As this is a "No-No" thread, and been posted many times, I am locking thread.
Any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci