• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Spectating

Do you like the idea? Should it be implemented?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • WTF is this...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, horrible idea (please explain)

• I don't spectate, so it wouldn't effect me!!!

• Total voters

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
So, I just had a great idea (at least I think) for a way to make spectating Survival Games matches both easier and convenient.

Spectator Menu

What Is It?

The spectator menu is a clickable GUI menu similar to the server selectors. Within it, there are player heads for each of the players left in-game. The GUI should be 5 rows, with extra pages for the 48 and 120-player games.

Other Information

When you hover over a player head, it will show their IGN (including disguises), server rank, SG rank, kills this game, chests open this game and total games won in the Head Lore. If you click on the head, it will teleport you to that player!

So what do you guys think? Would you like this implemented?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It sounds strikingly similar to a successful and convenient system used on The Hive. I don't know the exact details of what their plugin features (I don't play on The Hive) but I do know that there is a similar GUI which provides easy teleportation to players.

It seems like the /spectate command no longer works if you only type in part of the player's name - you have to type in their full IGN.
If this is an intended feature, then it makes spectating slightly more inconvenient, and promotes the usage of this spectator GUI.

I think that this would be a very convenient, useful, and practical feature.

As for the details on what the Heads display:
- If they're disguised, it will have to only show their disguised name (For obvious reasons.)
- If it shows per-round statistics, then that information should be available to all players, including those participating.
If a spectator were to be communicating over Skype or TeamSpeak with a player and told them how many kills that person has, then it could result in various advantages such as stalling out DM, playing extra safe, etc. that a regular solo player might not have.
So either this information is available to all players, or none.

Overall, I think this feature suggestion deserves a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci