• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Balance to Discourage Excessive Central Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keube

Spectator
Reaction score
I've noticed that the advantage to tributes who gather in the middle of the map is a bit extreme in many games. Yes, I understand the idea of "career tributes" but someone who is lucky enough to nick a sword at the beginning need only sit around in the center for 70% of the game and still have a great chance of winning. A possible way to prevent this is to only re spawn chests that aren't in the center of the map. This way, everyone would be more likely to use and experience more of the maps and it would not be so disastrous to miss the chests in the beginning. From my experience at least, I found that the three or four players who were certain to win were decided in the first 30 seconds or so, making the rest of the game feel less exciting.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah but going to the corn is also a big risk because a lot of people go there because there are much chests. Also the game is a little bit faster this way :)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You don't remember a game where only the corn refilled. That's how the survival games started. So many campers it wasn't funny. You're lucky all the chests refill now, cause they're are actually less campers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci