• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-kickers for getting round the Censor Feature

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I see people everyday in the servers trying to make fun of somebody which is also harassment, but there should be a Auto-Kicker for when somebody gets round the Censor Feature.

"Censor Feature - Getting round a banned word by implementing characters not inside the word or taking away letters to reveal the word but in either a longer/shorter version"

For example, lets say Duck is banned, when you type Duck, it would come up %*%&, something like that, but if you put in a character or take away one, the meaning is still there, for e.g

"D.uck, Dck, Du.ck"

Obviously Duck isn't banned, but real curse words are, MCSG should get a raw of lots of different variations of banned words and auto kick people when they are used.

What do you guys think?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Thank god I'm not banned ;).

Back on topic, this would be a great idea and prevent a lot of abuse, although it would be very hard to code (I imagine), and would take a lot, granted there's so many ways to get around the filter.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

Back on topic, this would be a great idea and prevent a lot of abuse, although it would be very hard to code (I imagine), and would take a lot, granted there's so many ways to get around the filter.
The hard part (I think) isn't making it auto-kick, it's just finding the words :p But they could just add the new ones as they are found in reports.
Also, it should work like the punishment system. The program should check how many times the player has avoided the censor before the kick, and on a first time, it will be a kick, second time it will be the ban and after that perma-ban. Because then people can't really get banned for swearing.

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score

I imagine they just type in what word that should be censored (I might of course be mistaken)
If thats the case, it wouldnt be that hard:p

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I imagine they just type in what word that should be censored (I might of course be mistaken)
If thats the case, it wouldnt be that hard:p
I meant when people go "du.c.k" or "du.ck", etc.
As far as I know, they'd have to code if to block them even with periods, commas, etc.

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I meant when people go "du.c.k" or "du.ck", etc.
As far as I know, they'd have to code if to block them even with periods, commas, etc.
I had the mod for my old server, can't mind the name, you just fill up a notepad file full of words and when they are used, they user will be auto kicked.

You can find a somewhere with over 1000 different curse word variations, I found one with over 1000 variations of curse words. it's possible!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I had the mod for my old server, can't mind the name, you just fill up a notepad file full of words and when they are used, they user will be auto kicked.

You can find a somewhere with over 1000 different curse word variations, I found one with over 1000 variations of curse words. it's possible!
Anything is really possible with code, the variable is how much effort and time it takes to make it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci