• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS servers

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No (I will post why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

muncher2227

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok. So I hear the moderators moaning and groaning and thinking 'Oh no, not another thread about bringing back the AS servers... But here is a proper thread filled with reasons as to why you should bring them back to the network.

Reason 1: Basically, I find it very unfair on the players who played on the AS servers before, such as myself. I know the reason as to why they closed them down- there were not enough players. But what about the players that DID play on the servers and just saw it shut down in front of their eyes without even giving them a chance to vote on the idea? I have to say, the only good survival game servers that me and a lot of my friends got good ping on was this network. Now, the only servers where we get ping below 400 is the US servers, but imagine the type of connection you would get when trying to connect to servers based on the other side of the world to you? When the asian servers were back up, they had way more players than the CA network has now. I visit CA and there is not 1 SINGLE game that meets the 6 player requirement.

Reason 2: I was once told by a moderator (not named in this thread) that the network is always trying to expand. Well, what better way is there to expand than to allocate just a few servers to one of the biggest continents in the world? You would get more donors which would allow you to upgrade your servers with the extra money.

Reason 3: Imagine the amount of asian Youtubers that would start recording there. I know a Youtuber that was AMAZING and had over 100k subs, more than Huahwi even, that played on the MCSG AS servers. You would be able to advertise your server even more via these videos.

Well, those are my reasons as to why you should allocate at least a
FEW servers to the AS players who just want to play without having to die to wooden axes because of lag.

Thanks,

muncher2227

muncher2227

Spectator
Reaction score
I still get bad ping on AU. It used to be based in Singapore, but now that it has been moved to AU, it gives me avg 350 ping on a good day.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I still get bad ping on AU. It used to be based in Singapore, but now that it has been moved to AU, it gives me avg 350 ping on a good day.
The reason why the server closed was because the server didn't pay for itself, not because of the amount of Players.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
The reason why the server closed was because the server didn't pay for itself, not because of the amount of Players.
Pretty much. Servers are extremely costly for that region and it was not worth it due to the fact the region was virtually empty most of the time.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Although this is something that will probably never happen, I am going to leave this thread open for discussion since it is in the "Feature Suggestions" section.

Master_Ezo

Survivor
Reaction score
The AS community could be nicer, but i still support in bringing it back so AS ppl can get good ping again. i was once appart of the as community

Last edited by a moderator:

muncher2227

Spectator
Reaction score
Pretty much. Servers are extremely costly for that region and it was not worth it due to the fact the region was virtually empty most of the time.
But how about CA? There were WAY more people on AS than there are now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci