• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An MCSG client!

E

Ephiza

Ok, so as you all may know, hackers exist on MCSG. (No duh). However, a way to stop this, is to make a custom MCSG client, where all mods on the allowed mods list are pre-installed, and you can disable as you please, and you can only log-onto MCSG with the client.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
In theory this might be a good idea on the surface, but think about what it would involve.
The #1 reason that I can think about right now that this shouldn't be implemented is that the majority of players won't want to get a separate client just to play on MCGamer. Also, some people don't know how to do it (Generally the younger players).
This has been suggested before, but won't be implemented.
Also, creating hacks for a new client isn't really that hard; New hacks could be created specifically for that client, and creating some sort of anti-code-altering system would be a lot of work, I'm guessing.

E

Ephiza

In theory this might be a good idea on the surface, but think about what it would involve.
The #1 reason that I can think about right now that this shouldn't be implemented is that the majority of players won't want to get a separate client just to play on MCGamer. Also, some people don't know how to do it (Generally the younger players).
This has been suggested before, but won't be implemented.
Also, creating hacks for a new client isn't really that hard; New hacks could be created specifically for that client, and creating some sort of anti-code-altering system would be a lot of work, I'm guessing.
Eh. It would definitely stop them. I mean, I don't see what's very hard about right clicking a jar file, and clicking install. ^I could do this when I was 10 ;-;

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea in thought, but no dice. As mooclan said, hacks can be created for the client, which would eliminate some hackers, but not all. MCSG will more than likely stay the way it is now.

E

Ephiza

Good idea in thought, but no dice. As mooclan said, hacks can be created for the client, which would eliminate some hackers, but not all. MCSG will more than likely stay the way it is now.
At least it would get rid of some :p

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
At least it would get rid of some :p
Keep in mind:
A) While it would remove some hackers, it would remove even more players, and thus potential donors.
B) MCGamer tries to keep it as vanilla as possible when it comes to mods and game-altering plugins, while also sticking to a Hunger-Games-y feel.
C) Updating the client would take a very large amount of work. It's not simply creating a mod for the Minecraft client (which already takes a lot of work as it is,) it's creating an entirely new client. Yes, files could and would be taken from the old one, but the ones changed just make it a huge hassle.

Edit: I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, as I don't have anything against it, but as with all Feature Suggestions, we have to think of reasons why it should or should not be implemented; pros and cons, if you will.

Reaction score
Good idea. BUT I HAVE THE BEST IDEA FOR HACKERS. LIKE SERIOUSLY!

The first thing to do is implement a /report [name] [reason]
Then mods and sr. mods should monitor this and join games where the report was and see if they can catch them red handed.

Here the main thing to do.

RIGHT, *coughs* What MCSG should do is to make separate servers like you know when games arent being used like the 200+ signs and they only have like 1 person in a day. This is what they should do, keep all the hackers in a pool away from players, The hackers dont know theyve been moved to this pool, they think they are just playing another game going to kill everyone while dancing. No. When they right click on a board they get put into an unused server but the server says the same number as they clicked. So when the hackers click a board they will be put into a game full of other hackers and then the people who are hacking will get rekt by other people hacking then see how it feels to be killed by hackers and so on, and the only way out the hacker pool is to report and have banned 10-20 other hackers from the hacker pool, showing they are trying to get rid of hackers but if they report people and get out the hacker pool then they go back to normal games then start hacking again slap them with a perma ban straight from the main man Chad.

<3 Thank me later, I banned 11 people today. Its not hard XD
#BenForMod? :D

E

Ephiza

Good idea. BUT I HAVE THE BEST IDEA FOR HACKERS. LIKE SERIOUSLY!

The first thing to do is implement a /report [name] [reason]
Then mods and sr. mods should monitor this and join games where the report was and see if they can catch them red handed.

Here the main thing to do.

RIGHT, *coughs* What MCSG should do is to make separate servers like you know when games arent being used like the 200+ signs and they only have like 1 person in a day. This is what they should do, keep all the hackers in a pool away from players, The hackers dont know theyve been moved to this pool, they think they are just playing another game going to kill everyone while dancing. No. When they right click on a board they get put into an unused server but the server says the same number as they clicked. So when the hackers click a board they will be put into a game full of other hackers and then the people who are hacking will get rekt by other people hacking then see how it feels to be killed by hackers and so on, and the only way out the hacker pool is to report and have banned 10-20 other hackers from the hacker pool, showing they are trying to get rid of hackers but if they report people and get out the hacker pool then they go back to normal games then start hacking again slap them with a perma ban straight from the main man Chad.

<3 Thank me later, I banned 11 people today. Its not hard XD
#BenForMod? :D
That's actaully a really good idea. However, you would have to be 100 percent sure they are hacking, cause you don't want a legit player stuck in a server with hackers ;-;

Reaction score
Yeah they would have to be confirmed hacking by either sr mod or admin or higher or maybe even mods they get things right alot :D im sure if theres clear evidence then it wouldnt be hard to tell :p

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
sorry if this seems rude but if we could tell which players are hacking to put them into a different server then why not just ban the hackers? again i'm sorry, i don't fully understand your post

Reaction score
Arga, i completely get where your coming from but if hackers get banned, its no big deal to them, they play on other servers until theyre unbanned then they hack again until caught, sooo why not make it so they waste their time without them realising they are playing other hackers just like themselves and they will just get angry and bored etc until they either stop playing or try ban the hackers that are already there in which they will be secretly rewarded by getting out the pool of hackers, then as i said before if found hacking again its a straight perma ban. :D hope you see what i see :)

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Arga, i completely get where your coming from but if hackers get banned, its no big deal to them, they play on other servers until theyre unbanned then they hack again until caught, sooo why not make it so they waste their time without them realising they are playing other hackers just like themselves and they will just get angry and bored etc until they either stop playing or try ban the hackers that are already there in which they will be secretly rewarded by getting out the pool of hackers, then as i said before if found hacking again its a straight perma ban. :D hope you see what i see :)
I don't understand. If they just play on other servers until they are unbanned, then they would come back and hack again? That might be the case, but then mods ban them again, and this time it's perm, not temp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci