• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An idea I have had to reduce the amount of Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
So I came up with this idea the other day, noticing on the Moderator application forms, they mention about looking up the number of bans a user has on MineBans, MCBans etc. I had an idea they could use this in some way to automatically blacklist users on these sites who have received more than x amount of bans specifically for hacking on various different servers. I'm unsure how effective this would be but I imagine it may certainly help.

Concerning the Xime plugin being worked on by the Dev's, first of all I would like to say a huge thanks to them from me and I'm sure all of the community that Regeneration hacking has been patched, I haven't noticed a player hacking who has been invincible because of Regeneration. However I have noticed a couple of players recently that I have reported that use Aura/aimbot the usual (these are virtually impossible to patch as they are completely client-sided), these players also managed to speed hack, it looks very glitchy when it happens so this is certainly a new exploit that has been found.

I just want to let the Dev's and staff know about this to be able to find a way to stop it. Sometimes myself and other players can beat hackers with just a few hearts by playing tactically; using flint and steel running away & bowing them etc. However when they speed hack to catch up with you, you have no chance.

Let me know what you think of my idea in the first paragraph guys,
Peace brothers (And sisters).

Last edited:

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
We cannot ban players for something they haven't done on our servers. Maybe they share an account with their siblings who use hacks on other servers. If we cannot prove that they have hacked on our servers, we cannot ban them.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's a good idea in concept, but as Sheldor said, the actions of players on other Minecraft servers have no play in punishment on our network.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Atleast 2 of my friends would be banned cause they hacked on a minecraft server and the owner put it on MCBans, so no. Banning people would be completaly unfair this way.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
I am going to lock this thread, if you feel it should stay open, feel free to message me with a valid reason :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci