• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alternating Maps - Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
I previously did ask if it would be possible to alternate maps between games and its great to see this is indeed possible! In forums thread here:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...-ideas-from-builders-on-vareides-server.4511/

I know that I don't know your plans with these latest testing servers, but I would suggest in the future if this is to be permanently implemented that maps of similar scale would be kept together. So if there was to be more simpler natural maps they should all be alternated one one server and the larger maps kept separate. So those who like the larger games can still play them and those who like the lag less games of the simpler maps can play them. I think people would like it more to have similar maps groups together instead of having them all alternating :)

Thank you, would appreciate feedback on this

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, they're already adding the ability for players to vote on which map would be played. What they're implementing is much better than just alternating maps. Having the ability to vote will bring more enjoyment to the servers, rather then having to wait one game to play the map you initially wanted to. Maybe it would work for 1-2 of the servers, but I'd prefer the ability to vote. It's much more convenient :D

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
The only problem with that is some people may love a map that doesn't get votes in and never get to play it, I think there should at least be servers in which you know you will definitely get to play a map you like :)

I.e. it may be a popular map but at the time not a lot of people who like it are on your particular server so there should be particular servers for particular maps. I'm assuming you mean voting in the lobby after each game with this but i expect its overall voting for the maps they want on servers? as that would make more sense but then wat i've said becomes irrelevant!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think there should be most servers with voting, but a couple servers dedicated to one map in particular (or one kind of map). There are a couple maps in the making right now, so hope they come soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci