• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Age Exception.

Should the age requirement be lowered?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whazzupman33

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the 14 age requirement thing is bad.

I am 10 years old.
I made 2 staff apps.

I heard 1 mod say "they make exceptions, go for it"
Got denied.

Should it be
lowered to 10?

I think 10 would be good.

its not too young like 6.

Its like a "tween"

what do you think?

Vote Below!

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
I do know that you can apply for an age exception (Under 14), but I have no clue where you go to apply for it, the staff members say to look for it.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They only recently lowered the age limit from 15 to 14 years old during the summer holidays and they decided to keep it that way instead of going back to 15 after the holidays. In my opinion, 10 year is a bit too young to be able to moderate the network, but if you can convince our Senior Staff that you are mature enough by submitting a successful Age Exception then why not give it a chance? :)

Also, just a general warning for anyone who decides to reply to the thread, please do NOT give out any information on how to submit a successful Age Exception Application if you know how to do so. Finding out how to submit one is part of the process and they should do this by themselves without the help of others. And please refrain from posting stuff along the lines of "Oh I know where to find the age exception process *wink wink*" as it annoying for the people who don't know how to do it.

^•^

Platinum
Reaction score
They only recently lowered the age limit from 15 to 14 years old during the summer holidays and they decided to keep it that way instead of going back to 15 after the holidays. In my opinion, 10 year is a bit too young to be able to moderate the network, but if you can convince our Senior Staff that you are mature enough by submitting a successful Age Exception then why not give it a chance? :)

Also, just a general warning for anyone who decides to reply to the thread, please do NOT give out any information on how to submit a successful Age Exception Application if you know how to do so. Finding out how to submit one is part of the process and they should do this by themselves without the help of others. And please refrain from posting stuff along the lines of "Oh I know where to find the age exception process *wink wink*" as it annoying for the people who don't know how to do it.
..I take the wink.

Reaction score

I am 10 years old.
I made 2 staff apps.

Got denied.

Should it be
lowered to 10?

Its like a "tween"

what do you think?

Vote Below!
10 your in grade 4 There is no way in the world you are going to get expected sorry for being rude but that's the truth man

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
10 your in grade 4 There is no way in the world you are going to get expected sorry for being rude but that's the truth man
As a successful Age Exception applicant, I cannot stress it enough that age does not define how mature you are, or how qualified you are to moderate this server, although it's a long shot, it's possible, it's a long, process, and it is not easy, but it is all worth it, with the satisfaction of knowing you're helping people throughout such a large community, and the amazing people you meet within the staff here at MCGamer. Anyone can do it, age is just a number.

I am 10 years old.
I made 2 staff apps.

Got denied.

Should it be
lowered to 10?

Its like a "tween"

what do you think?

Vote Below!

Applying for an Age Exception is a different process than the regular application, revealing exactly how to do so is not permitted, and if you do; it could result in punishment. However, it is hidden somewhere within the network, and finding it is part of the Age Exception application test, to see if you in fact, are qualified for the job.

Anyways, if you do find the Age Exception application process, and how to submit one successfully, I'd like to personally wish you good luck! If you need anything else, have any questions or concerns, you can raise them to me by PM'ing me on the forums, or find me on the TeamSpeak! Have a nice day within the MCGamer Community!

Last edited:

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Experience comes with age. You'll always think that you're as experienced, or as matured as somebody that's older than you.

If you think you're something special and I can't convince you with a fact, then here's my opinion: It's safer, as a business, to limit the ages of people applying for moderation. People who play normally and have no intention of working voluntarily for the server look up to these moderators, as they are figures for the server. Obviously, businesses do not want to have any staff representing the business in a bad way, so they add application requirements, one of them being age. As a business, they want themselves to succeed, and of course bring in income for their work. They do not take unnecessary risks. They don't want to let someone who's underage work for them. Even if they might be alright for the job, there's no point to be taking the risk. There used to be a very young moderator on here, and he wrote a, I assume, good application to get the job. He was one of the most toxic/uneducated moderators I think MCSG has ever had, and he definitely left a mark on a lot of people in the community about how MCSG runs their business. If you heard a 10 year old repeating a movie line six times in a serious discussion within the business at a tax agency, how would you feel about their business? A bit unprofessional, right?

And I'm not saying you'd make a bad mark on the business. I'm just saying, is it worth to take the chance, in the administration's eyes, to have young moderator that could potentially leave a bad mark on the server? It's just better this way.

Also, younger people more often are:
  • Offended easily. If a critical thread is posted, a young moderator may think that it violates the terms, even though it may just be a critical thread/post, and delete it, causing some anger between the community and staff.
  • Pressured. Honestly, it would be hard for anyone to have to completely disregard their personal relationships while doing their job, and not everyone can. That being said, younger people are more prone to becoming pressured by close relationships and not doing their job correctly.
  • Susceptible to their feelings coming into their job. Younger people are much more likely to make a false ban if they think evidence is a bit suspicious on a player who they strongly dislike, and more likely to look away from suspicious evidence on a player who they like.

Anyone can do it, age is just a number.
This is horrible, honestly. I don't want anybody's philosophy to be that, it's what pedophiles think about to rationalize why they're going to a 12 year old's house. I think a lot of younger people with the determination to become a moderator at a young age may say this, however ask that same person when he is 10~ years older what he thinks of the phrase, and have his opinion be completely different.

Think of it this way. You're a capable adult. You own a very successful business that many people would look up to. You have way too many job applications than you can handle, and you need some ways to limit it. There's no reason to open up a whole other flood gate for more applications where you'd be taking risks accepting it.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see the age limit dropping below 14 any time soon, if you do find out how to apply for an Age Exception, I wish you luck! :) I think the rate people are being interviewed, and/or accepted now, is completely fine!

Think of it this way. You're a capable adult. You own a very successful business that many people would look up to. You have way too many job applications than you can handle, and you need some ways to limit it. There's no reason to open up a whole other flood gate for more applications where you'd be taking risks accepting it.
We are a large gaming community, with a lot of staff applications, in the quoted post above, Lucidictive brought up a point where lowering the staff application age limit would cause flood of applications, and this is completely true, I honestly don't see a lot of them getting accepted, it is possible; although very unlikely.

Now to a more positive side...

Experience comes with age. You'll always think that you're as experienced, or as matured as somebody that's older than you.
This is also an awesome point...

While you're in the community now, and you're as young as ten years old, try staying within this community, and applying in a few years, you'll be very experienced by then, and know how to handle situations! Also; if you do find out how to apply for an Age Exception, I'd suggest holding onto that for a couple of years too, and waiting until you mature a little bit more.

Have a nice time within the MCGamer Community! If you need anything, you can try to find me on the TeamSpeak, or contact me through the forums!

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score

If you think you're something special and I can't convince you with a fact, then here's my opinion: It's safer, as a business, to limit the ages of people applying for moderation. People who play normally and have no intention of working voluntarily for the server look up to these moderators, as they are figures for the server. Obviously, businesses do not want to have any staff representing the business in a bad way, so they add application requirements, one of them being age. As a business, they want themselves to succeed, and of course bring in income for their work. They do not take unnecessary risks. They don't want to let someone who's underage work for them. Even if they might be alright for the job, there's no point to be taking the risk. There used to be a very young moderator on here, and he wrote a, I assume, good application to get the job. He was one of the most toxic/uneducated moderators I think MCSG has ever had, and he definitely left a mark on a lot of people in the community about how MCSG runs their business. If you heard a 10 year old repeating a movie line six times in a serious discussion within the business at a tax agency, how would you feel about their business? A bit unprofessional, right?

And I'm not saying you'd make a bad mark on the business. I'm just saying, is it worth to take the chance, in the administration's eyes, to have young moderator that could potentially leave a bad mark on the server? It's just better this way.

Also, younger people more often are:
  • Offended easily. If a critical thread is posted, a young moderator may think that it violates the terms, even though it may just be a critical thread/post, and delete it, causing some anger between the community and staff.
  • Pressured. Honestly, it would be hard for anyone to have to completely disregard their personal relationships while doing their job, and not everyone can. That being said, younger people are more prone to becoming pressured by close relationships and not doing their job correctly.
  • Susceptible to their feelings coming into their job. Younger people are much more likely to make a false ban if they think evidence is a bit suspicious on a player who they strongly dislike, and more likely to look away from suspicious evidence on a player who they like.

This is horrible, honestly. I don't want anybody's philosophy to be that, it's what pedophiles think about to rationalize why they're going to a 12 year old's house. I think a lot of younger people with the determination to become a moderator at a young age may say this, however ask that same person when he is 10~ years older what he thinks of the phrase, and have his opinion be completely different.

Completely well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci