• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

After Banning Someone, PM them the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
I was recently banned for supposed Better Sprint Mod. For a few minutes, I was extremely confused. Not only do I not hack, but I had no clue what to dispute. Then, a friend of mine showed me the video of me "hacking". I then knew what to counter and was able to compose a better ban dispute.

If someone who is banned is on the forums, a mod or senior mod should PM them the evidence showing why they were banned. That way, if someone is unfairly banned, they will be able to have a better understanding of why they were banned and can point out areas in the video that show that they do not hack.

Think about it: Compare 2 Fake Ban Disputes that I will make here

1. Reason you should be unbanned: I don't hack nor will I ever hack. There is no proof!
Response: (Ban Upheld)
2. (With evidence) Reason you should be unbanned: In the video (Insert Video Here) I am clearly not hacking because I (Insert reason here) at (Insert time in video here)
Response: (Ban overturned)

While many people actually recorded are indeed hacking, there is always the chance people can be unfairly banned, have no clue what to dispute, and end up never playing on these servers again. By receiving the evidence they were banned for, many more innocents who were banned will be able to properly dispute and hopefully get unbanned. :)

This may just be a biased opinion coming from me, so let me hear your thoughts, if you think it is a bad idea, please state you reason, and don't flame. :D

Ellen

Diamond
Reaction score
YOU GO GURRRRRL
And, the evidence was really bad and you deserved to be unbanned.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I sort of assumed this is already done because it should be done. I was wondering how people got unbanned if they can't point out why :p
Anyways, I completely support this. People definitely deserve to see the proof of why they were banned and get the chance to counter it.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree. I was once banned for 'forcefield'
It turns out that a very butthurt iProGames took a recording of me in a water fight and conveniently cut it at moments where I hit him, and the knockback lead to him being unable to hit me. He left out the part where he nearly killed me.
Once I'd seen it, I was able to immediately get the ban overturned

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
It turns out that a very butthurt iProGames took a recording of me in a water fight and conveniently cut it at moments where I hit him, and the knockback lead to him being unable to hit me.
No flaming please. :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
So, every time we ban somebody we should be expected to message them with the evidence? Erm, no, considering the amount of people that get banned every day, that would be an extreme amount of work.

If you post a ban dispute, you may request to see the evidence and it would be given to you. You may then counter the evidence in any way you see fit.

Question answered, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci