• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AFK Mods Should Disconnect From The Hub

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just a new policy suggestion:
When mods go AFK, people who need a mod repeatedly say in chat: "GotCubes, are you there? I have an urgent question!!!" and it's just one of those little things that bring down the quality of the chat in general; so here is my suggestion: if a moderator goes AFK, make it a requirement to have him/her disconnect so there can always be a list of active mods in the TAB list.
Thanks!

TLerDaily

Platinum
Reaction score
I can see your reasoning behind this, although this a flawed idea. If we were to require mods to leave the hub every time they went afk, it would not be fair to them, and would also be difficult to enforce. The mods often have to go to the MCGamer website to check up on forums and possibly to add bans, which is often why they go afk; forcing mods to leave the hub while doing this is completely redundant and not productive/efficient.

More often than not, there will be at least one active mod on to answer all questions, even if they aren't directed at them. Overall, its something that may be a tad annoying to the people in the hub, but mods cannot respond to all questions and sometimes do have to go partially or fully afk in the hub.

Although, I do believe that a /afk command for mods would be helpful though, so people can decipher for sure whether or not a moderator is at the computer/in-game or not.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If a mod goes AFK he/she should do /server overflow

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can see your reasoning behind this, although this a flawed idea. If we were to require mods to leave the hub every time they went afk, it would not be fair to them, and would also be difficult to enforce. The mods often have to go to the MCGamer website to check up on forums and possibly to add bans, which is often why they go afk; forcing mods to leave the hub while doing this is completely redundant and not productive/efficient.

More often than not, there will be at least one active mod on to answer all questions, even if they aren't directed at them. Overall, its something that may be a tad annoying to the people in the hub, but mods cannot respond to all questions and sometimes do have to go partially or fully afk in the hub.

Although, I do believe that a /afk command for mods would be helpful though, so people can decipher for sure whether or not a moderator is at the computer/in-game or not.
AFK = away from keyboard :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
AFK = away from keyboard :)
It's still the same kinda thing. They leave the game to go look at something else.

For extended periods, sure, you should leave. No reason to stay. But if you had to go take a phone call or go to the bathroom, it's pointless to leave over and over again. An AFK command that placed a tag next to their name would be better.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's still the same kinda thing. They leave the game to go look at something else.

For extended periods, sure, you should leave. No reason to stay. But if you had to go take a phone call or go to the bathroom, it's pointless to leave over and over again. An AFK command that placed a tag next to their name would be better.
Not necessarily.. it would save lots of time for those typing out "GotCubes, are you here?" than the 2 seconds to join the server. Obviously, something that is short like going to the bathroom doesn't require a d/c, I'm talking about if you like go to do the laundry or something.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not necessarily.. it would save lots of time for those typing out "GotCubes, are you here?" than the 2 seconds to join the server. Obviously, something that is short like going to the bathroom doesn't require a d/c, I'm talking about if you like go to do the laundry or something.
Well if you're going to doing something long, then I don't see why anyone would stay in the hub anyway. They shouldn't. I don't think it needs to be a full fledged policy.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I suggested this, but apparently they won't be adding it because it would look unprofessional. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci