• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AFK (Away From Keyboard) Players

Good idea?

• Yes, need it as soon as possible

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No, should never be used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs a tweak

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There should be something that automatically force suicides the person if they dont move for a set period of time. Yesterday I was spectating a game down to the top 3, and someone was trapped with no way out for a long while. He just stopped moving completely. They wouldn't lose any points for it, it would just speed up the game a little bit so that AFK tributes wouldn't delay the game. I was thinking if they don't move for 180 seconds (3 minutes) they get auto-suicide. If they don't move for 60 seconds or so, their position is broadcasted to the remaining tributes.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm kinda liking the idea, it is fair, too.... But I think the people, who are AFK on purpose will just move a little every 30 seconds.... It should be a little less than standing still, more like the same features, but you have to move more than 4 blocks in a minute.... That is totally possible and only effects the players stuck or AFK

ZomBry

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, a person could be stuck and have like a diamond sword in his hand, Don't you think its a bit unfair that he gets auto-suicide if he had a chance to win the thing? I saw a person get stuck in a hole with almost no armor and not even a sword.... He won the deathmatch by tricking this other guy who had a diamond sword and full iron armor by letting him fall into lava...

wizardkittyscat

Tribute
Reaction score
There could be a thing saying "You will auto suicide if you don't move in -----" so if someone was stuck in a hole they could like jump to prevent it.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
He won the deathmatch by tricking this other guy who had a diamond sword and full iron armor by letting him fall into lava...
I don't know if that has come with a newer update, but you will die now if you leave the deathmatch, you know? So there is no way the unarmed can win against a fully armed person in less than 5 minutes, I think. (Of course, if the person with the armor is AFK, but that has to happen before I assume it.)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm kinda liking the idea, it is fair, too.... But I think the people, who are AFK on purpose will just move a little every 30 seconds.... It should be a little less than standing still, more like the same features, but you have to move more than 4 blocks in a minute.... That is totally possible and only effects the players stuck or AFK
Yeah. And I still like the idea of broadcasting their co ordinates after 60 seconds - 90 seconds. But I like the not moving more than 4 blocks a minute.

Well, a person could be stuck and have like a diamond sword in his hand, Don't you think its a bit unfair that he gets auto-suicide if he had a chance to win the thing? I saw a person get stuck in a hole with almost no armor and not even a sword.... He won the deathmatch by tricking this other guy who had a diamond sword and full iron armor by letting him fall into lava...
Well, if someone gets stuck, it's completely their fault. They should have to pay the price without delaying the game too long. There are plugins against leaving the fence around the cornucopia now, forcing them both to stay in at the price of death.

There could be a thing saying "You will auto suicide if you don't move in -----" so if someone was stuck in a hole they could like jump to prevent it.
I like this idea, it makes sense. It warns them but sadly if they have no place to move, it sucks to be them.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
I dotn like the auto suicide, but i really like the idea for position broadcasting, like if they dont move 5 blocks within 5 minuutes there postion is broacasted

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
And more like every 60 seconds that you don't move out of the 5 block surrounding area, your position is broadcasted. So that if people forget or something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci