• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'Admitting to Hacks'

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank God it's been unlocked, just because something is the easiest way of doing something doesn't make it the best. Catching criminals in real life would be very easy if you were to just arrest anyone that said "I'm going to rob a bank", doesn't mean it's a good idea, aha.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
When I hacked many moons ago and got banned, I admitted to hacking on my bad dispute. I felt that admitting to hacks and calling out my wrongdoing would help me and my cause but it made it worse. The mod (who will remain anonymous) claimed that I just gave them more evidence to uphold the ban.

Moral Of The Story: Apologizing doesn't get you anywhere.

2crowns

Tribute
Reaction score
They see the word "Hacker" and that triggers the word "Ban". It can't be helped.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
When someone confesses to murder they don't get sent to jail as far as I know, the Police still need to gather evidence to make sure they are the ones that did it and not just saying it because someones out there to kill him. I believe if you admit to hacks it should not be a 7 day ban, maybe a 3 day ban?

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, let's switch the scenario around to irl.

so say the Police have put out a notice issuing that there has been a increase arsonists/vandalism in the area, so you go up to a Police Officer and say, 'I vandalise.' Thinking that the Officer would have the common sense to know you are joking, but instead he suddenly arrests you. Moral of the story; Use common sense.

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that it should only be took as "admitting to hacks" if a player asks them if they hack, and they say yes, making sure that they are not talking to anybody else.

This should also be taken as "Admitting to hacks:"
Random guy: Wow stop hacking
Hacker: I'm not
Random guy: Stop lying, you know you hack
Random guy: Can you just turn them off?
Hacker: yes I turned them off now.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay, let's switch the scenario around to irl.

so say the Police have put out a notice issuing that there has been a increase arsonists/vandalism in the area, so you go up to a Police Officer and say, 'I vandalise.' Thinking that the Officer would have the common sense to know you are joking, but instead he suddenly arrests you. Moral of the story; Use common sense.
Okay, that scenario is completely unrealistic. A police officer needs a legal suspicion to detain an individual. The officer would need to run a background check, confirm with dispatch and the state's warrant database before arresting. If you went up to a cop and said, "I'm a vandal", they'd probably tell you to get lost. Know your facts.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, that scenario is completely unrealistic. A police officer needs a legal suspicion to detain an individual. The officer would need to run a background check, confirm with dispatch and the state's warrant database before arresting. If you went up to a cop and said, "I'm a vandal", they'd probably tell you to get lost. Know your facts.
It is different here in Australia :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci