• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Add /nick and /disguise back!

Would you like to see this feature implented

• Total voters

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Today, SixZoSeven made a thread about some of the frustrations he is having with MCSG. One of his frustrations was "Literally every game I go into, there is always someone annoying me." In the same thread Blamph later went on to say " lately some members have been following me in matches and trolling me into battles with just their fists and then running every time they engage me, this is bogus." Then G33ke went on to say "people target me like crazy".

The problem they are having is that they are always being targeted just because they have a red or purple name name or because they have a YouTube. This makes the game not fun for them. Fortunately, there's a simple fix to the problem. Add /nick and /disguise back into the game.

If you're unfamiliar with these commands, /nick would allow you to change your name so you would not be recognized by other players. For example, "/nick matthaha123" would temporarily change your IGN to "matthaha123".

/disguise would allow for users to change the color of their name so they could appear as a different rank. For example, "/disguise {rank}" would change the color of your name to a different rank.

With this new feature, a user such as Blamph could make his name go from "Blamph" to "RandomUser12" with 2 simple, easy commands and he wouldn't have to worry about being targeted.

Since these commands could be abused by regular members, (Players changing their name to something inappropriate) they would only be available to friend rank and higher.

Tell me what you think! Thanks for reading. :)

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That would be awesome. This would actually be really helpful for mods who get spammed when they join a game.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
From what I understand they have these kinds of things, but for unknown reasons they don't quite work.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
It's been discussed many times and I do want it back as well but it's not the highest priority for developers right now but in time it'll return.

L

Lululioness

I would love MCSG forever.
Maybe even VIPs and Friends could join the game invisibly? Then no one will know your there. And when they go list, they won't see you at first sight because you would have gone /diguise [normal] or /nick Cooldude9001

I just... OMG... I wouldn't get targeted off spawn :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci