• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Accepted Mod Apps Open to the Public?

Good Idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
If you do not know, then every application for a moderator, whether it is pending, accepted or declined, is private and off-limits to the public.

I think it would be good for people to see the mod apps which have been accepted, so they can see what they have to do to become a good mod.

Note: This is not for any personal gain, I am under the mod age-limit so I will not apply for mod.

EDIT: Yea, so I was a bit too optimistic when I wrote this, and realise now that it would just lead to people copying mod apps. The thought behind this thread was like 'Have you ever wondered what your favourite (or least-favourite) mod wrote in their app?'

Yea.

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sure it would be usefull for alot of people and a good inspiration, but at the same time.. It's your mod application, and if you want to become mod, you need to show that you can write the application without any help. :)

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
No no no no no no no no no no no no no. Horrible idea. If you want help, ask someone for ADVICE, but being able to see an application would be unfair and the application would no longer be yours. It would be an outline of a previously accepted one. No.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
The idea was that it would be interesting to see mods apps, not for inspiration or to copy, but I see your point.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Esto no es una buena idea ya que se supone que deben mantenerse en privado en el primer lugar. Ellos pueden incluir información que alguien no quiere que otros vean. En cualquier caso, usted debería ser capaz de escribir una buena aplicación suficiente por sí mismo si realmente crees que estás cualificado suficiente. ;)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
There's some private information on there that some people don't want to share. This can also lead to plagiarism. BEEG NO-NO.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
No way. This could lead to so many copied applications, and copied ideas. Your app is your app, and everything that is on that app should be 100% from you.

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
As others have said this can lead to many copied applications. Moderator apps give us an understanding of what the person is like and if he is fit for the position so all of the words have to come from the writer so we choose the best applicants possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci