• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About the media section

Smithtainment

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm making a post regarding the media section of the forums. I want to suggest to make a forum thread instead of the way it is set up now. I upload content very often and post on the forums, and it never gets views. Considering the amount of people that view this forum you would think it would get more views. I uploaded a video not even 2 days ago and it only has 6 views! I put a lot of time into my youtube channel and really want to get somewhere. I think MCSG is a great place to get started on minecraft videos.

But yeah, I think it would be better to get more people watching videos if you guys just make a section for people to post them. Mods could still decide rather or not the video is legitimate enough to be posted on the forums. Honestly, like I said, I upload content very often and post it on here each time and it rarely gets viewed. I am not trying to start a rant, this is just a suggestion. I'm sure other people that upload their content to post on here feel the same. When videos fall to the 2nd/3rd page I honestly don't think anyone watches the videos lol. It's hard to get started on youtube when you're a small channel because everyone watches all the bigger youtubers.

OMGitsApple

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with you, if the vid ends up on the second or third page it won't get many views.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Yeah, big fan of the media, it seems like an excellent suggestion.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem is, if the media section was directly integrated with the forums through the means of a dedicated section, I'd just be seeing a a ton of links to videos when I click on "What's New"
To be honest, it would generate more spam than the clan threads.

I understand what you mean though. But having a forum section would be the same as posting in the media section.
Everyone will post their videos there, and eventually your videos will be buried under a bunch of others and not get many views.
The only difference is the videos would be shoved in the faces of everyone on the forums.

As ineffective as it is, I'd say stick with posting in the media section and having your channel link in your Signature. Unless someone else can think of some better system.

Side note. I'd be ok with implementing this if we could hide posts from certain sections when going to "What's New", since that's where I, and probably many other people go to see what the current things being talked about are. Not everyone is interested in MCSG videos.

Last edited:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Erisyuka just took the words out of my mouth >.<
It's pretty much exactly what he said. I don't browse the media section because I really don't care that much about MCSG videos and I don't want to go watch them randomly. I don't look at the "What's New" section very often, but I know that plenty of people do. It would just be a lot more annoying in my opinion.

Smithtainment

Survivor
Reaction score
The problem is, if the media section was directly integrated with the forums through the means of a dedicated section, I'd just be seeing a a ton of links to videos when I click on "What's New"
To be honest, it would generate more spam than the clan threads.

I understand what you mean though. But having a forum section would be the same as posting in the media section.
Everyone will post their videos there, and eventually your videos will be buried under a bunch of others and not get many views.
The only difference is the videos would be shoved in the faces of everyone on the forums.

As ineffective as it is, I'd say stick with posting in the media section and having your channel link in your Signature. Unless someone else can think of some better system.

Side note. I'd be ok with implementing this if we could hide posts from certain sections when going to "What's New", since that's where I, and probably many other people go to see what the current things being talked about are. Not everyone is interested in MCSG videos.
Makes perfect sense what you said, I agree with it but I wish there was a way to make the videos more viewable.

I still think a section would help more. If there was a way to not allow that section to be posted on the 'Whats new' to prevent spam I think it would be great. I understand not everyone is interested in MCSG vids.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do agree though, cuz I have the same problem, the way the Media section is right now, it's almost not worth posting there cuz of the lack of views.

Smithtainment

Survivor
Reaction score
I do agree though, cuz I have the same problem, the way the Media section is right now, it's almost not worth posting there cuz of the lack of views.
Indeed. Glad to see you agree. I really hope that there is a different way to apply media to the forums without making too much spam.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Indeed. Glad to see you agree. I really hope that there is a different way to apply media to the forums without making too much spam.
Honestly, if you want your videos to get views, I wouldn't recommend using these forums at all. People here are more interesting in discussing things rather than watching new videos that they don't really care about. If you want people to see your video, I'd recommend trying reddit or something like that.

Smithtainment

Survivor
Reaction score
I did think about using reddit, just wasn't sure if they're a lot of people that watch minecraft videos there.

Curious where I should post them at on there?

Last edited:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I did think about using reddit, just wasn't sure if they're a lot of people that watch minecraft videos there. I wouldn't know where to post them at anyway, only posted Garrys Mod videos there a few times.
Just post them in the Minecraft sub reddit. I posted a 1 minute long 'showcase' of my "popcorn machine" in Minecraft and it's now at about 700-800 views. However, it is a multiple year old video, but it got about 500 views within a day or 2. And this is a really crappy video too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci