• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A way to stop hackers?....

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, so I just randomly had a thought about how MAYBE just maybe there was a solution to all these hackers. From what I have seen in the past few weeks there have been more and more hackers and it is becoming quite a problem. So anyway, I'm going to start out with my base on the old idea of checking whether the .minecraft Has been modified from default. Now obviously the problem this poses is that people could not use resource packs or optifine, which would suck.
So my idea?
Custom plugin that will check if .minecraft has been modified.
Plugin: is it modified?
If no: allow user to join the game.
If yes:
Is ONLY resource pack folder modified?
If yes: allow user to join
If no: here is where it gets tricky. Have the plugin check whether the .minecraft MATCHES any of the optifine versions. I'm not sure if the plugin would be capable of getting a hold of optifine from the internet, but I think it should be able to.
So:
Is there other things besides resource packs modified:
Yes: compare .minecraft to optifine. Do they match?
If no: deny user from joining
If yes: allow user to join.

Ok I understand why this won't work now :/
And for the people saying to just record hackers I do record a lot of them. Honestly I don't even bother to record every hacker I see because I'm really tired of dying to a hacker, spending 5 minutes specing them and recording them, uploading the vid and creating a thread and waiting for a mod to respond. I just got so tired of it that I only do it occasionally.

Last edited:

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, so I just randomly had a thought about how MAYBE just maybe there was a solution to all these hackers. From what I have seen in the past few weeks there have been more and more hackers and it is becoming quite a problem. So anyway, I'm going to start out with my base on the old idea of checking whether the .minecraft Has been modified from default. Now obviously the problem this poses is that people could not use resource packs or optifine, which would suck.
So my idea?
Custom plugin that will check if .minecraft has been modified.
Plugin: is it modified?
If no: allow user to join the game.
If yes:
Is ONLY resource pack folder modified?
If yes: allow user to join
If no: here is where it gets tricky. Have the plugin check whether the .minecraft MATCHES any of the optifine versions. I'm not sure if the plugin would be capable of getting a hold of optifine from the internet, but I think it should be able to.
So:
Is there other things besides resource packs modified:
Yes: compare .minecraft to optifine. Do they match?
If no: deny user from joining
If yes: allow user to join.

It might sound really stupid but I'm actually kind of excited about this because I don't see why this wouldn't work! I swear there's some obvious reason this won't work and I'm gonna look like an idiot ;-;
Well I suck at figuring out these things so..... good luck

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be accessing your computer, which is illegal? From what you claim, the plugin would "check" if the folder is modified, which is definitely not allowed.
But haven't people talked about doing that in the past?

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But haven't people talked about doing that in the past?
Its definitely illegal. It is like hacking. If someone did do it, well that's shameful on their part. You are pretty much just hacking someone's computer.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Its definitely illegal. It is like hacking. If someone did do it, well that's shameful on their part. You are pretty much just hacking someone's computer.
It's not really hacking if the person deliberately joins the server and sends data to it. Doesn't .minecraft get modified at all when you connect to a server? Idk maybe not...

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's not really hacking if the person deliberately joins the server and sends data to it. Doesn't .minecraft get modified at all when you connect to a server? Idk maybe not...
Yes, but they dont necessarily know this data is being sent. (Not everyone checks for updates on the forum).

Also, .minecraft is NOT being edited when you join a server. Minecraft is adding/creating files, but since you downloaded it yourself, it isn't a big deal. However, the reason servers can't do that is usually because they are an unknown source and not a fully-'registed', or recognized companee. Servers can be run by anyone, and you don't always know who is running the server, and what motives they have. I'm not saying that our beloved owners would do this, but at any rate, its still an illegal practice.

UpdatinStatus

Platinum
Reaction score
Just do it the nice OG way. poke a mod on teamspeak the server and there name if you cant recored. or record and report theme.

simple.

I also kinda like watching hackers hack it all up really cool all the combos and stuff they get looks like they took a fat dose of acid or something lol

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Just do it the nice OG way. poke a mod on teamspeak the server and there name if you cant recored. or record and report theme.

simple.

I also kinda like watching hackers hack it all up really cool all the combos and stuff they get looks like they took a fat dose of acid or something lol
This

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Not only is it illegal, like people have said, but it would need to get a lot more complicated since there are plenty of mods that are allowed on MCSG like shaders and such. There are also a lot of shader packs, and probably even some custom shader packs that aren't available elsewhere so MCSG couldn't get a hold of them to check for them.

V

Viretine

This. This right here ladies and gentleman. Pure genius.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci