• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A use for the Weighted Pressure Plates

Do you want weighted plates to get implemented?

• No (explain in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
As of 1.5, a new item has been coded into Minecraft. That item is the weighted pressure plate; a pressure plate which only activates when a certain amount of items is dropped onto it. Now, with that addition, I suggest putting it into Minecraft Survival Games. How?

Well, to open otherwise locked doors, or redstone contraptions. For example, you're in, say, SG4 and you see a weighted pressure plate. You place as many items as you need which you possess on the plate, and something happens. You can get lava put on top of you or shot by arrows. Or, you can open up closed areas and loot the area. Here are the benefits:

• More ways of creating traps. Somebody drops the items onto it, and expects a reward, when instead an anvil drops on them
  • This links to the fun, random aspect of it. It's a little bit of a gamble placing those items on the plate; you could end up gaining stronger items in the process, or losing them completely through a lava trap. The question is, do you take the risk?
  • It only rewards those who have played well in the game. So, if you don't have enough items to place on the plate, as you haven't looted enough chests or killed enough people, then the contraption won't work and you'll be left to ponder on what you've missed out on.
A possible con which I would like you guys (as well as myself) to discuss:
  • This could potentially mean that the stronger players get stronger quicker.
As I said though, I don't think that's an issue since they've earnt it. Anyways, I'll be interested in seeing at what you guys think about this. (Please vote!)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think they will be implemented in existing maps, but I do think they should be used in new maps (hint hint map makers ;)).

PheonixTails

Tribute
Reaction score
Answer:Yes
Reason: it makes the redstone circuit less confusing and less lagging (like on Survival Games 1). Also brings more new fun stuff to the game.
Any Suggestions: Maybe you have to use a Iron pressure Plates cause you would need to get a stack of items for a gold pressure plate.

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
^
I was thinking on the lines of iron pressure plates for opening up passages to smaller items, and gold pressure plates for opening up passages to better items.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are lots of these on the new map fallen empire ;)

JoshBrennen

Survivor
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea, it opens up a lot of different opportunities for traps but also strategies. For example, you could camp near a weighted pressure plate and wait for a player then steal their items and lock them in (if it was a locked area) I don't think you would get amazing loot as players wouldn't risk their most valuable items but it would be a good strategy for players to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci