• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Test Dummy Server

Should it be added?

• Yes! Great idea!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Maybe - Not sure...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Absolutely not! Horrible idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's me again.

Just an interesting Feature Suggestion coming up :D

I remember last year, MCSG had a map-making competition and there were a bunch of new maps entered, played and introduced to MCSG. I was thinking that maybe we could have a permanent server or two of these.

Here's how it would work:

First of all, whenever a new map is posted on the MCG forums, it should have a poll saying "Do you want this included?" If it gets enough votes (say, 30-40 players, can be changed), it should be granted a place on the Test Servers. If it gets popular enough, it can be moved up into the proper MCSG. Sort of like if you play Soccer, there is the Major League (EPL or the like) but there are also Minor Leagues. This could be the MCSG minor league, testing out lesser known maps to lead them on their way to greatness.

I just feel that there are so many good maps out there, and not enough of them get the recognition deserved. This would help.

What do you think?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In a way, I do think this idea is pretty great! And I would think they should go for attempting it.
However, if you refer to letting anyone in the community test the maps out, then it would cause a lot of confusion, as professional work can be noticed by practically professional testers and viewers, and to be entirely honest, if I were a map tester, I would fail completely due to the fact that I admire everyone's hard work.
And since that could be the case, then a lot of people will have different opinions, and a lot of confusion could happen.
However, we could allow access to staff members and VIPs to test them out, maybe they could have somewhat of a stronger opinion, overall, I would think that Dave, since he's the head of map development, test it out. c:

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
The general public doesn't have to judge it...

But if you think about it, if a map gets voted more than another, I would consider it more popular. But I do think that VIPs or Devs/Mods should test the maps by themselves before releasing them into MCSG.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Doesn't SG 200 test maps? Right now the new map SG Adrenaline is the only one possible to be voted on 200.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci