• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A suggestion for the voting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Javan

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok, I doubt this will ever be implemented, but I may as well try. I know that the wait time in the lobby is 5 minutes, and that really isn't bad. But I think it would be a little bit faster and more convienent if the map-voting system got a bit of an update. I think that once one of the maps voted for have reached over half of the amount of slots in the lobby (13 for 24 slotters and 25 for 48), the time should be set to 10 seconds automatically, giving a little time to load the map if needed. Then, the players would go to that map. Now, I have noticed before that sometimes the amount of votes is greater than the amount of slots in the lobby. The only answer to that must be that when a player votes, then leaves, his vote is still counted. The only way this voting method could work fairly is that that is fixed. I think that when a player votes, then leaves the lobby, his or her vote should be cancelled. This way, when the amount of votes reaches over half (13 or 25), there is no way the other map could come back. This method could shorten the waiting time, and make for a more fast-paced server. ALSO: I know that you can't just change things instantly, and this could take a very long time to set up. This may not even be possible. I just think that it could make not only mine, but everyone's experience a little better. The only reason I even thought of this is because sometimes one map gets a lot more votes than the other, and we have to wait 3 to 4 minutes for nothing. Please give some feedback.
Thanks, Javan

MrMark2202

Survivor
Reaction score
But people can change their votes, and so, if people made a mistake or wanted to change their vote, the 10 seconds may not be enough time, causing much rage. In addition to this, people want the time to make teams, so however it was a nice idea, I highly doubt it will be implemented.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I've heard it by multiple moderators and the time is NOT going to be reduced. :)

deathsmog

Survivor
Reaction score
Why cant we change our votes if we make a mistake :( sometimes I have typed 2 when I meant 1 and I cant change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci