• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A quick question:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaelinator

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently had the idea of setting up a macro for the f3+A trick. All the macro would be, is that whenever I would hold down the button, it would automatically press "A" while I would hold f3.
Just wondering if I could do this, and if it is against the rules.

-kaelinator

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
The Macros mod is not allowed, as stated in the rules, however I don't really see a problem with this. But, this not up to me to decide.

TechSolomon

Survivor
Reaction score
"Macros Mod [only for staff since normal members can use it to break rules]"
Only the staff members are allowed to use the macros mod. Any unauthorized use of the macros mod is bannable, and will get you punished on our servers.

TL;DR -> No.

Question answered, Thread locked. Feel free to PM me with any other questions you may have! :)

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To answer your question, setting a macro to F3 & a is completely fine the way you described it.

However, there are some occasions when using macros on our network is prohibited:

1/ Setting up a macro in order to combine 2 or more keys and to activate them all at once. For example, setting up a macro that would allow you to switch to a flint and steel in your hot bar and to place down fire at the same time; without having to click the right mouse button.

However, setting a macro just to switch to your sword or bow or any item in your hot bar is allowed, as long as it does not give you an unfair advantage like mentioned in the example above.

2/ Installing the Macros Mod is allowed, but for Staff members only as it is a great help for them when moderating the hub chat or when they need to be able to give quick replies to players. The reason why non-staff is not allowed to use the mod on our servers is because they would be able to mass spam the chat at a very high speed; similar to a spam bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci