• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A question with 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Recently I have been playing on 1.8 on MCgamer to get a feel for the version for the future. I love 1.8 MCGamer but I noticed something that was really off. In 1.7 MCGamer you could see players past your render distance and only a certain amount of blocks. In 1.8 I noticed that what ever your render distance is set to, thats how far you can see people. For me I use 2-4 render distance and I can get a little challenging to find people.

I was wondering if this is a bug for MCgamer V2 or if it is just a 1.8 thing. Please answer so I will know if I will need to report it as a bug, Thanks!

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
I can do that in any server using tiny in 1.7

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
This issue is not related to MCGamer.

This "bug" you're talking about happens because Mojang changed multiple features of Minecraft. In fact, the players rendering off chunks is actually a glitch, so complaining even on http://bug.mojang.com won't work as this was a bug on 1.7 that now is fixed on 1.8.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed this too, and not just on the MCGamer servers. It's a 'bug fix' for 1.8.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As it's been stated a couple of times on this thread, it was a bug in 1.7 and was patched in 1.8.

QA;TL - Feel free to PM me with any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci