• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A new game type

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is an idea I had about a more difficult hunger games. It is more of a realistic hunger games.

Instead of chests at spawn, there are stoves, droppers or hoppers that have weapons and food in them, there can be a lot since they don't hold as many items as chests.

There are mobs, both passive and aggressive like spiders or silverfish, something that might be in the real games. There are no chest or anything, besides the cornacopia, you get the majority of you food from mobs, which rarely spawn.

You can kill blocks, this is what will give you your weapons, but for every block you kill you lose 5 hunger, so you will have to have a lot of food.

Armor does not spawn at the cornucopia, it didn't in the real games. The only place you can get armor is from cows.

Instead of restock, at night a sponsor bar will pop up and you may choose 1 thing you need, either: diamond pants and chestplate
An enchanted golden apple,
a diamond sword with knockback,
A bow with infinity,
*note* all of these are OP but you can only take 1, and anyone can take anything. You also get your item imedietly.

Way more traps.

Shortly after you get your items from the feast, the arena starts to shrink and you are forced to move towards the center or be struck by lightning.

Mobs shouldn't be very common to make it harder. I think this idea would make the hunger games more like survival ;)

I don't know how hard it would be to make another custom plugin, but I think this would be cool.

Tell me what you think.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would actually want to play this? Sounds fun to me :D

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think the only thing that shouldn't happen is being able to destroy blocks. The only blocks you should be able to destroy are the mushrooms, vines and other things you can break in MCSG and maybe wood to make wood tools and crafting table if necessary, and maybe make a small base to hide during the game.
Going underground would be far too overpowered, even if it costs 5 hunger. You could get a bit of food fast, make a 2 block tall hidey-hole and cover it up and camp there. Or you could get a ton of food, and mine down really far. Probably wouldn't happen, but anything is possible.

Otherwise, I completely agree with this. Maybe, since the weapons have enchantments, the armour can also have a protection 1 enchantment just to make it a bit more worth while. And the diamond sword should have sharpness instead of knockback so that it does more damage instead of just knock back :p

The main problem I see with this is that the developers probably won't have time to work on this. They have MCSG and all it's bugs and new features to add, ZedChase which is in Alpha/Beta and MCTF2 I think too (might be different devs, I don't play it much :p). This is a pretty complicated gamemode to work on in addition to all that.

Stunt_PIg

Experienced
Reaction score
I along with others dont like change... (I certainly know the devs dont LOL)
But about the mobs, and monsters. iv always %100 backed that idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci