• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A cool new MCSG feature

Hks

Diamond
Reaction score
As the title suggests, there is a pretty cool new feature I thought of.
How cool would it be if the effects of a fishing rod where the same on players as they are on mobs?
If you don't know what the effects of a fishing rod on mobs are, they are one lunge of a fishing rod (1 right click) the mobs are knocked back (which is what we are used to) but with the second right click the mobs are lunged forward towards your direction. I am not saying this feature should be implemented, just that it would be an awesome feature.

Examples where this new feature would be helpful:

Are you chasing someone? Pull them back towards you! With this new feature chasing people will be easier and it will require you to dodge the fishing rod.

Are you fighting someone who is playing defensive? Get them closer to you so you can fight?

This feature can also be used in your favor if you are the one getting pulled back! You can use the momentum to get a combo on the opposing player or try to light them on fire!

There are downsides to this feature.

Teams will be able to kill other people with ease now that they can pull people back.

Fishing Rods will obviously break more often and spares will be needed to be carried upon the player.

Also, defensive points of maps where you can bunker up are easier to infiltrate.

I personally think this feature would be cool but take a lot of time to get used to, mainly because it is a double edged sword.

(Note) - Don't even consider implementing this. I was just bored and wanted to write about a cool idea I had.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe the inability to real players in with a fishing rod is actually a bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci