• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Compromise on the Voting System

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
While I would love for raffle voting to stay and I believe the arguments for it are much stronger than those against it, the poll indicates that more want it removed than want it to stay as it is. As a compromise between raffle voting and classic voting, I suggest that the number of votes for each map be put to the power of something, let's say 2, and from the ratio of those numbers the percentage chance is calculated. It may not be very clear what I mean by this, but let me explain. If Valleyside had 6 votes and TSG1 had 2 votes, with raffle voting the percentage chance of them winning would be 75% and 25% respectively. However with this system it would be as follows:

Chance for Valleyside = 6^2*100/(2^2+6^2) = 90%

Chance for TSG1 = 2^2*100/(2^2+6^2) = 10%

This effectively weights the maps' chances towards those with higher votes, offering a middle ground between the two systems. Of course the degree of weighting could be tweaked by changing the power; I just used 2 for example's sake.

Tell me what you think of the idea.

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
I think I prefer the simpl(e)(er) idea of just adding raffle voting to a few servers, and have the original voting scale on other servers. That way, players can simply play on the server with the voting plugin they prefer.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea but I still like the raffel voting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci