• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A better ./disguise command.

Infernalis

Spectator
Reaction score
The disguise command is an amazing addition to MCSG. It allows people who have donated to the servers, friends of the administration, and popular players to get a command that will give them a different rank and name. Still though, some disguised players are getting targeted.
Here are some ways to improve upon the current command:

Better names:
Currently, the disguise command gives the player a randomized name and ranks. The rank randomization works very well but a lot of the time the player names are easily distinguishable from real player names. To fix this a better or more complex name generator could be implemented. I am sure this addition will come with time, but I still wanted to mention it.

Randomized Points:
As of now the system works sort of like this:
[100]Player1 has joined.
[100]Player1 has left.
[100]Bariumdespair80 has joined.

It's would be smart to assume that Player1 disguised as Bariumdespair80. Not only is Bariumdespair80 a ridiculous name, but it's most likely not a coincidence that Player 1 happens to leave just as Bariumdespair80 joins and they both just happen to have the exact same amount of points. A fix to this could be randomizing the points a disguised player has. This comes with a lot of problems that would have to be worked around: How many points would be received upon this players death, the disguised point amount or the actual point amount? Can the disguised player bounty/sponsor with the disguised points; what would happen if they did sponsor, would it take away from their undisguised point amount? If players ended up with a randomized point value that happened to be very large, would this spark even more targeting? (A cap of 1000 points for a disguised player might solve this).

No join or leave message for disguised players:
To solve the problem of disguised players being easily identified and therefore targeted, the message that says that the player has left and then the message that says that the disguised player has joined could be removed or spread out (5 second delay in between). Another solution would be having disguises last through multiple games and only go away when the ./undisguise command is used. Or the disguise command could kick the player and the disguise could stay active in the next game/lobby the player joins.

Tabbing Disguised Players:
Currently disguised players can not be tabbed. The undisguised players name can be tabbed, even when they are disguised. For example, I could tab the name ChadtheDj even if ChadtheDj is disguised, but I could not tab the name he is disguised as. Furthermore you cannot use the disguised name to bounty, spectate, or sponsor the player. You must use their undisguised name.

These are all the suggestions I have for now. Any feedback or opinions are welcome.

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
So you are saying people really work that hard to tryhard people who are disguised? Because that has never happened to me beforw.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not bad, but I feal that they should worry about other things than working on an already good system.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I like these ideas because I can always tell when someone is disguised.

yozy3

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reaction score
This is a great idea because I still get targeted by some people then when I die they say gg yozy3 and they think they're really smart because they found out who I was, I mean it's pretty damn obvious to tell if someones disguised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci